Pro Sports in Vegas

H

huntsonora

The Headline on Drudge this am pretty much sums up why there is not a professinal sports team in Vegas.

NBA ALL-STAR ROWDY CROWDS
FIGHT AT WYNN; RAPPERS, POLICE CLASH... NIGHTCLUB SHUTDOWN... DEVELOPING...
Hundreds Arrested During Weekend...
MGM GRAND Shooting...

Drum

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-07 AT 05:29PM (MST)[p]Drove down the Strip Saturday night and it was wall to wall rappers, thugs, ganstas or whatever the hell they call themselves. I was relieved to hear David Stern say no more NBA all-star games in Vegas. Not my kind of people.

Bring in MLB or the NFL (fat chance) but not the NBA.

Vegas is at its best when the NFR is in town.

I think Vegas is a college and niche sports town (boxing, NFR, MMA). I guess Nascar does well there also......

Vegas hosts the NFR every year and the worst thing that happens is maybe an occassional bar fight. We have the NBA here for a weekend and there are somewhere around 400 arrests, multiple shootings with numerous people shot not to mention all the other problems. Mind you this is with hundreds of police officers on mandatory overtime working the strip with command posts set up and saturation teams ready to respond to any problem that arises.

Doesn't this say something about the NBA and the people involved? It does to me. Who the hell would want an NBA team in their city anyway? Not me.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom