Problem!

joesikora

Long Time Member
Ok I have a problem. I’m right eye dominate and I haven’t been wing hunting in a while and I have noticed that if I use my hands and center an item it’s not perfectly in the center it’s to the right about a 1/4 or so. Now I haven’t had my lenses upgraded in about 5 years and the Crown Vision guy said that my right eye is pulled to the right about a 1/4 of an inch He showed me when he marked the center of my pupils with a marker on the plain glass lenses but I remembered the eye doctor tell me that and he said that with wearing my new strength lenses it will correct it self. Is this true? I went to Bass Pro tonight to look at the all new Bennelli SBEIII 20 gauge in your REALTREE Max 5 that I want to use if I can make it up to ditch parrot hunt with Ole… Gator the fall. Anyway when I look down the barrel I’m not focused and it’s like I’m not looking at it the right way with both eyes open then when I close my left eye the barrel is to far right! Oh another important thing is when I look down the barrel I see the length of the barrel instead of the end I know I’ve done this before but now the butt of the gun is about 3” higher than my shoulder. In other words boys and girls never I repeat never stop shooting because if you do you come back to a F&cking Mess!

Please help out your Ole Buddy Joe

Oh I’m going to be trading in two of my guns to help pay for the 20 gauge BennellI SBE III if anyone is interested in buying one instead of me selling to Bass Pro here is what I have

1) Browning Gold Hunter 12 gauge 3 1/2” in Shadow Grass Camo

2) Remington 1100 LT/LW 2 3/4” plain barrel in mint condition

Last edited:
Oh I’m going to be trading in two of my guns to help pay for the 20 gauge BennellI SBE III if anyone is interested in buying one instead of me selling to Bass Pro here is what I have

1) Browning Gold Hunter 12 gauge in Shadow Grass Camo

2) Remington 1100 LT/LW 2 3/4” plain barrel in mint condition
What do you want for the 1100?

you will quickly realize that you arent necessarily "aiming" with shotguns. its pointing and shooting. i dont think it will be a problem. go shoot some trap and skeet and see. ive found "fit" with a shotgun is a bigger factor. length of pull, comb height. have fun!

Hey Joe, food for thought... could be your vision but it sounds like you could have a fit issue with the SBE. Thats no surprise to me. I have one that fits about like you're describing and I can't hit S**T with it. How do your other shotguns fit ?

A properly fitted shotgun will place the barrel in “the middle” of your face or eyes.

A good pair of scrip shooting glasses helps tremendously as well. Lots of distortion can be introduced by your regular glasses.

Decot was one of the good dealers years ago. Don’t know who it is now.

Hey Joe, food for thought... could be your vision but it sounds like you could have a fit issue with the SBE. Thats no surprise to me. I have one that fits about like you're describing and I can't hit S**T with it. How do your other shotguns fit ?
Not as bad. That 20 remington I can’t hit my butt with both

A properly fitted shotgun will place the barrel in “the middle” of your face or eyes.

A good pair of scrip shooting glasses helps tremendously as well. Lots of distortion can be introduced by your regular glasses.

Decot was one of the good dealers years ago. Don’t know who it is now.
Thanks blue hair!

you will quickly realize that you arent necessarily "aiming" with shotguns. its pointing and shooting. i dont think it will be a problem. go shoot some trap and skeet and see. ive found "fit" with a shotgun is a bigger factor. length of pull, comb height. have fun!
Thanks h

I checked my Browning Gold Hunter and it’s just a little high so I think a little shim will fixed that and my cast was off just a little to the left but nothing like that Bennelli SBE III.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom