Pronghorn score guess

Sallaberry

Very Active Member
5F0DF143-D01C-4F2D-A828-92F0CC78C768.jpeg
8C4D363B-E400-448D-9F17-E46403E24933.jpeg
04CEF38F-3615-4C1E-9536-558C066C0DB2.jpeg
I looked over 10 bucks this morning and he was the biggest. I’m pretty sure he in the 70s but what do you guys think?

It’s my mother in law’s tag and she won’t be picky but I know there are way bigger bucks in the unit. He’s on private which I have permission to hunt on so he’s safe threw archery I believe. Gotta get out and find bigger. Thanks for the responses right about where I had him. Decent buck for sure though.

I think he's one that might surprise you. The flags have a bit of a curve to them which makes them longer than they appear. Mass below the prong is pretty good, above the prong nothing special. Overall length looks above 15". High 70s for sure, but low 80s wouldn't surprise me.

I would say 70 gross at best. hard to tell without a front on look, but I'm thinking 13.5 and 4.75 for length and prong, mass of 5.5, 5.5, 3.75, 2.5, and I may be gifting him a little. Just my guess.

It’s my mother in law’s tag and she won’t be picky but I know there are way bigger bucks in the unit. He’s on private which I have permission to hunt on so he’s safe threw archery I believe. Gotta get out and find bigger. Thanks for the responses right about where I had him. Decent buck for sure though.
Jeremy it looks like you’re off to a good start. That is a decent buck and I’m thinking low to mid 70s.
As you know that Area has some of the most rugged and Rocky terrain around.
Yes there are probably bigger ones out there but they won’t come easy.
The hunting pressure does get a bit intense also especially the first part the season.
If you have some private you can get on without beating her up to bad I think that one would be a good choice.
It sure is fun looking for them!
Good luck to you!

Jeremy it looks like you’re off to a good start. That is a decent buck and I’m thinking low to mid 70s.
As you know that Area has some of the most rugged and Rocky terrain around.
Yes there are probably bigger ones out there but they won’t come easy.
The hunting pressure does get a bit intense also especially the first part the season.
If you have some private you can get on without beating her up to bad I think that one would be a good choice.
It sure is fun looking for them!
Good luck to you!
I agree Jeff thanks for the input. I’ll be looking elsewhere in the near future. I haven’t been west yet so I’m definitely going your way to check out the other side of the highway.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom