Pronghorn Unit 44 Private vs public

DownThePipe

My wife has a unit 44 buck pronghorn tag. She has killed a couple of does in this unit the last 5 years on private land with permission from a few local landowners nearer to the highway. We know the deal - It’s harder when it comes to getting on the larger tracts that have corporate or non- local ownership. And chasing bucks is a different game than picking off a doe. We have a few landowners of who we will ask permission again, And we will be scouting in September, but it would be awesome if anybody here on the forum has any landowner names they could PM me That have allowed them permission in the past. This would help to know what doors to knock on. Also any public Land spots worth scouting would be great. We know this hunt is usually road hunting private land but we will also be looking at a few public pieces. Thanks in advance If anyone is willing to share! -Jess

Some of the better Antelope are on public, everybody and there brother are trying to hunt around private farms chasing Antelope. Look up or North, she would be able to have a great stock in the foothills

I have seen antelope up willow creek before but they were few and far between. Otherwise I don’t know much about the public land options.

Well my wife got it done yesterday on opening day. We spent the morning bumping around on the private land watching little bucks moving their does around, trying to find a bigger one who may be done ruttin but layin in the weeds by himself. A few unsuccessful stocks on very big groups were busted when we were spotted by does, but finally around 3p we got within shooting distance of a nice 12 in buck and she dropped him Instantly with a neck shot. She was very happy with him as the farmer said he was one of the bigger ones he’d seen all summer in the area. A little bittersweet to be done after one day but a great time nonetheless.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom