Proposed Lifetime License Changes

No change coming for me. I am a NR. I will entering the draw and trying my luck just as I have the last several years with moderate success. You won't hear me complaining about being given the opportunity to hunt in another state no matter how small my chances get. I applaud the LL holders for taking that $500 chance on the State of Utah when they did. It's the State's duty to uphold their end of the deal.

No change coming for me. I am a NR. I will entering the draw and trying my luck just as I have the last several years with moderate success. You won't hear me complaining about being given the opportunity to hunt in another state no matter how small my chances get. I applaud the LL holders for taking that $500 chance on the State of Utah when they did. It's the State's duty to uphold their end of the deal.
that's what I'm addressing. There was no deal in place for what happened if we went to a draw system. The LL holder also has a lifetime small game license. Well, sage grouse used to be over the counter but it's now a draw. Why do LL guys have to draw a sage grouse tag and instead of just getting one handed to them for whatever unit they want?

If you really think they can’t change LL, what a nice world you live in. Not saying it won’t get involved, but will be done one day!!! The sooner the better.

The fact that a select few get the privilege to hunt every year and the rest of us don’t and can’t is wrong. When LL were sold, general deer tags were over the counter. Everyone could hunt any unit they wanted. It has changed. LL holders privileges need to change.
No it won't change wishful thinking

People 35 years old and younger never had a chance. Now they have no chance at getting some of these tags unless they wait 5 plus years but to hell with those guys. There will be changes coming , so be prepared.
There are many, many, many things my parents and grandparents were privileged too that me or my kids will never have the “chance” at. That’s Life!!! Just curious Ridge when is the last time you were without a deer tag in Utah?

There are many, many, many things my parents and grandparents were privileged too that me or my kids will never have the “chance” at. That’s Life!!! Just curious Ridge when is the last time you were without a deer tag in Utah?
This whole thing isn't about me and I've said that several times now. Why go down that road.

This whole thing isn't about me and I've said that several times now. Why go down that road.
Why go down the road at all? It has been proven on this thread that there is very little impact from the Contract the State of Utah made with the LL holders. Still waiting to see how many of them punch a tag each year or are still alive for that matter.

Why go down the road at all? It has been proven on this thread that there is very little impact from the Contract the State of Utah made with the LL holders. Still waiting to see how many of them punch a tag each year or are still alive for that matter.
This has nothing to do with how many tags are punched but more about the high percentage of tags that are taken by the LL tag holders on some units.

This has nothing to do with how many tags are punched but more about the high percentage of tags that are taken by the LL tag holders on some units.
First of all I would just like to say I have the upmost respect for you as a hunter. You have killed some outstanding bucks and I love to see the pics of all the great deer you’ve taken. Kudos to you!! I only assumed it was geared towards you because in your breakdown in your original post you proposed allocating 10 percent to dedicated hunters and only 5 percent to Lifetime License holders. Just seems odd to me to propose dedicated hunters take a higher percentage of tags?? Unless you’re wanting a better chance at those tags??

First of all I would just like to say I have the upmost respect for you as a hunter. You have killed some outstanding bucks and I love to see the pics of all the great deer you’ve taken. Kudos to you!! I only assumed it was geared towards you because in your breakdown in your original post you proposed allocating 10 percent to dedicated hunters and only 5 percent to Lifetime License holders. Just seems odd to me to propose dedicated hunters take a higher percentage of tags?? Unless you’re wanting a better chance at those tags??
I was thinking that there are already a certain percentage of LL tag holders taking some of those 10 percent dedicated hunter tags but really I'd be fine if it was an even 10 percent cap on each for those harder to draw units.

that's what I'm addressing. There was no deal in place for what happened if we went to a draw system. The LL holder also has a lifetime small game license. Well, sage grouse used to be over the counter but it's now a draw. Why do LL guys have to draw a sage grouse tag and instead of just getting one handed to them for whatever unit they want?
Probably because a sage grouse tag wasn’t part of the deal, same reason they don’t get an elk tag

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom