Public land pigs in ca

Jeffery2328

Hi, Just looking for any places to get out with the kids and find some potential pigs nothing special I live in the central valley so possibly something near Monterey or Santa Cruz just looking for information thanks

I guided for pigs for 12+ years and still have a couple depredation projects I'm working on. Pigs are so tied to private property in CA for a variety of reasons that IMO it doesn't make sense to hunt them on public land.

My opinion is to figure out what it would cost you to go on a public land trip, and then don't go. Start saving the money you'd spend on each trip and go on a guided hunt. Taking young kids on a public land pig hunt with all the brush and heat would likely burn them out of ever hunting in the future. Even if I knew a spot on public land where I could kill a pig I probably wouldn't go. I think I'm getting lazy!

I killed one to the south of New Idria once. Near an abandoned mercury mine. It had turned the entire creek orange for a distance of a mile or more below that mine. I covered a lot of ground looking for pigs on public land when I was young, but that is one place that I would not recommend. What about some of the DFG managed hunts, if those still exist?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom