Public Land Pronghorn, Unit 24

icgamer

I just wanted to offer my story up. I don't have pictures of an amazing buck, but as soon as I get them downloaded, I will have one or two stills...but what I do have is a humble story of a new hunter and a unique perspective that may speak to other new hunters out there.
I just returned from unit 24 in WY, and although I was glad to get a tag, when I spoke to 5 other out of state hunters, all of whom had outfitters for their hunts, I thought I might have been in over my head. I knew the unit advertised as "limited access to public land", but the true challenges really didn't hit me in the face until I was at ground level.
In the end I can't complain with how things worked out...Being a new, solo hunter, in a unit with limited access to public land will pose it's challenges, but if you have six minutes of your life that you don't mind throwing away I've shared a bit about myself, and my circumstances in the video description on Youtube...I thought it may be of interest to others who hunt, or have hunted in Wyoming...

icgamer

I just wanted to offer my story up. I don't have pictures of an amazing buck, but as soon as I get them downloaded, I will have one or two stills...but what I do have is a humble story of a new hunter and a unique perspective that may speak to other new hunters out there.
I just returned from unit 24 in WY, and although I was glad to get a tag, when I spoke to 5 other out of state hunters, all of whom had outfitters for their hunts, I thought I might have been in over my head. I knew the unit advertised as "limited access to public land", but the true challenges really didn't hit me in the face until I was at ground level.
In the end I can't complain with how things worked out...Being a new, solo hunter, in a unit with limited access to public land will pose it's challenges, but if you have six minutes of your life that you don't mind throwing away I've shared a bit about myself, and my circumstances in the video description on Youtube...I thought it may be of interest to others who hunt, or have hunted in Wyoming...

elks96

Very Active Member
Very awesome: I enjoyed the quick video and the instant you see it was worth the 5 minute wait.
Good job.

BradA

Very Active Member
Congratulations it’s always so awesome to see someone so excited about being able to take an animal. That’s why I actually enjoy helping others kill an animal instead of myself.

Zeke

Long Time Member
Those are the emotions most of us feel almost every time. I know I do and I take hunting and killing an animal very seriously.

Excitement, anticipation, wonderment tempered with copious amounts of doubt, that’s what I feel.

Keep up the good work Mr Icgamer.

Zeke

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

French Creek Outfitters

Quality mule deer, antelope and whitetail hunts on a 100k acre ranch.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Twisted Horn Outfitters

Offering public land mule deer, antelope and sheep hunts in multiple units and regions.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses

High Uinta Pack Goats for Utah and Wyoming
Top Bottom