Public Land Pronghorn, Unit 24

icgamer

I just wanted to offer my story up. I don't have pictures of an amazing buck, but as soon as I get them downloaded, I will have one or two stills...but what I do have is a humble story of a new hunter and a unique perspective that may speak to other new hunters out there.
I just returned from unit 24 in WY, and although I was glad to get a tag, when I spoke to 5 other out of state hunters, all of whom had outfitters for their hunts, I thought I might have been in over my head. I knew the unit advertised as "limited access to public land", but the true challenges really didn't hit me in the face until I was at ground level.
In the end I can't complain with how things worked out...Being a new, solo hunter, in a unit with limited access to public land will pose it's challenges, but if you have six minutes of your life that you don't mind throwing away I've shared a bit about myself, and my circumstances in the video description on Youtube...I thought it may be of interest to others who hunt, or have hunted in Wyoming...

I just wanted to offer my story up. I don't have pictures of an amazing buck, but as soon as I get them downloaded, I will have one or two stills...but what I do have is a humble story of a new hunter and a unique perspective that may speak to other new hunters out there.
I just returned from unit 24 in WY, and although I was glad to get a tag, when I spoke to 5 other out of state hunters, all of whom had outfitters for their hunts, I thought I might have been in over my head. I knew the unit advertised as "limited access to public land", but the true challenges really didn't hit me in the face until I was at ground level.
In the end I can't complain with how things worked out...Being a new, solo hunter, in a unit with limited access to public land will pose it's challenges, but if you have six minutes of your life that you don't mind throwing away I've shared a bit about myself, and my circumstances in the video description on Youtube...I thought it may be of interest to others who hunt, or have hunted in Wyoming...

Very awesome: I enjoyed the quick video and the instant you see it was worth the 5 minute wait.
Good job.

Congratulations it’s always so awesome to see someone so excited about being able to take an animal. That’s why I actually enjoy helping others kill an animal instead of myself.

Those are the emotions most of us feel almost every time. I know I do and I take hunting and killing an animal very seriously.

Excitement, anticipation, wonderment tempered with copious amounts of doubt, that’s what I feel.

Keep up the good work Mr Icgamer.

Zeke

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom