Pueblo of Laguna Barbary

ArizonaBuild

I was drawn for the Barbary Sheep hunt on the Pueblo of Laguna tribe that starts in a few weeks. Due to not being able to scout except for the 2 preceding days I was wondering if anyone has ever hunted it or been in the area. I can hunt the Sanchez/Bar PL ranch and the Bell Rock area. Just looking for any general information and help with Barbary in general, as this will be my first time hunting them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

This was 9 years ago. I don't think I've ever seen a barbary Sheep hunt threw the state draw system on the Laguna .

I had to google it. It's not through the NMDGF. Laguna Pueblo offers draw and OTC hunts to its members and to some limited non-members (employees and relatives). Includes the native species, barbary, and even tahr (wish I could get in on that one). Learned something new today. Pretty cool--but doesn't look like anything that would be available to us average NM schmoes.

I've been driving back and forth through there the last few weeks on my way to the Marquez WMA. Lots of roadblocks indicating they're currently locked down pretty tight--feeling bad for them.

Wow, this one goes back a ways! haha

Great hunt! Ended up with an average ram on the Bell Rock unit on the 2nd day. I have since shot bigger rams elsewhere, but this was a fun hunt. It is open to any non tribal member through a draw that comes out soon. Raymond at the Pueblo is a good guy, call him with questions and he'll point you in the right direction.

Good luck!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom