Purchasing Oil

2lumpy

Long Time Member
If you can’t express your opinion without getting political by responding to my question without blaming or faulting a politician or a political party, don’t respond. Founder will just nuke if you do.

Why does the US need to purchase oil from any Country if we have enough of our own?

If we need oil why don’t we produce our own?

Mainly because of how expensive it is to transport it, from what I've seen. There are so many regulations in place and taxes and licensing requirements that they spend so much just to transport local oil. Hence why America got so much of their oil from Saudi Arabia, because they would import it for so much less than American oil could be transported.

Could we do it? Absolutely!! It would just take a large chunk from the oil companies, and they don't want to lose their large profits. And even with the keystone pipeline, from what I gather (It could be false or wrong) but it is not complete and would take a substantial amount of time to finish it to get is that cheaper oil transfer.

What about the shortage of Helium. Being it’s a byproduct of natural gas, people don’t realize you cut natural gas production you cut helium. I use it for tig welding and locally we have been out for a few weeks.

Mainly because of how expensive it is to transport it, from what I've seen. There are so many regulations in place and taxes and licensing requirements that they spend so much just to transport local oil. Hence why America got so much of their oil from Saudi Arabia, because they would import it for so much less than American oil could be transported.

Could we do it? Absolutely!! It would just take a large chunk from the oil companies, and they don't want to lose their large profits. And even with the keystone pipeline, from what I gather (It could be false or wrong) but it is not complete and would take a substantial amount of time to finish it to get is that cheaper oil transfer.

This.

If you can’t express your opinion without getting political by responding to my question without blaming or faulting a politician or a political party, don’t respond. Founder will just nuke if you do.

Why does the US need to purchase oil from any Country if we have enough of our own?

If we need oil why don’t we produce our own?
Jones Act. I just happened to read a little about it a moment ago. Here’s a very short explanation they shared.
“The Jones Act limits the size of vessels that can travel between U.S. ports, meaning that buyers on the East and West Coasts of the U.S. are unable to get adequate supplies in a cost-effective way from the Gulf Coast.”

Highest I’ve seen the diesel is 4.50/gal a few years back. We are sitting at 4.38/gal right now.

In the mean time, Russia (during these sanctioned times) is selling fuel at $1.90/gallon for diesel.

Thanks, sleepy joe, for keeping our fuel prices low like you said you would.

Thanks, also, for the state of the union address and providing that false sense of security to those who needed it.

Jones Act. I just happened to read a little about it a moment ago. Here’s a very short explanation they shared.
“The Jones Act limits the size of vessels that can travel between U.S. ports, meaning that buyers on the East and West Coasts of the U.S. are unable to get adequate supplies in a cost-effective way from the Gulf Coast.”
Meh….I don’t know what the WSJ story says about HA, so here’s a link anyone can open.

As someone who worked for a foreign-owned company that did marine work, the Jones act can be problematic. For an American, no problemo.

Another meeting at work.:(

It’s my understanding that the Keystone pipeline was financed by Canadians for transporting Canadian oil across the US. It was not for American oil. I‘d rather buy from the canuties than from overseas though.

I had my paralegal ? open that WSJ OPINION piece. (n) It says that American products delivered by American crews on American vessels are too expensive. And AK oil is too dirty.

WTF?:ROFLMAO:?

Last edited:
I will post this here to too, see if buzz post another stupid comment.

E0A404E0-6272-4566-8F94-F7680351F1FA.png

We Gotta:

IMPORT!

EXPORT!

TRADE!

SHIP TO TMBUCKTOO!

Pipeline It Back & Forth From All Over The World!

And Then Wonder Why It Cost's what it does at the Pump!

I had my paralegal ? open that WSJ OPINION piece. (n) It says that Hawaii can’t buy russian fuel and that American products delivered by American crews on American vessels are too expensive.

WTF?:ROFLMAO:?
All I can say is, "Aloha!" Ride that surf board. :ROFLMAO:

very hard to contribute anything meaningful to this thread.....because it is all political....
C’mon Homer, Founder has created a safe place for us to hug it out during these “unprecedented war times”.

We all need each other more than ever right now?

When the owner of electric cars says that we must increase our oil production, knowing that it will hurt his business, Tesla. someone in the white house better set up and listen to him. Instead sleepy Joe is saying he will not increase production and continue importing from Russia.
RELH

When the owner of electric cars says that we must increase our oil production, knowing that it will hurt his business, Tesla. someone in the white house better set up and listen to him. Instead sleepy Joe is saying he will not increase production and continue importing from Russia.
RELH
It would seem Musk believes we need we must increase oil production in order to keep the current system economically healthy enough to allow time to navigate a natural transition to cost effective renewable energy solutions. He must believe there can be no transition if the entire financial and social system is destroyed……. in order to save it.

Quite forward thinking I believe.

It would seem Musk believes we need we must increase oil production in order to keep the current system economically healthy enough to allow time to navigate a natural transition to cost effective renewable energy solutions. He must believe there can be no transition if the entire financial and social system is destroyed……. in order to save it.

Don’t forget he’ll own a vast satellite system. The space race isn’t about joyrides.

Still my favorite big boy CEO. He’s a magician.

Too bad the "powers that be" in NM power generation aren't smart enough to figure this one out. They pretend the right answer is an abrupt 180 from fossil fuel (carbon output) to all renewable solar and wind. Never mind that NM is now in a dilemma of potentially causing some blackouts this summer...

I have no problem importing oil.

I have a problem importing oil from Russia. Anyone who doesn’t must be really out of touch.

That said, sanctions have never worked on Russia in the past. However, with their economy becoming so dependent on trade, seems like we might have a foot in the door now?? Hope so…

I agree Mr. Tesla is a brilliant forward thinker, but this is painfully obvious to anyone with slightly more than an amoeba for a brain. It's called common sense.

Importing energy is absolutely ? % BS. You cannot talk with certainty pro climate change, pro healthy & resilient economy, pro national security, by importing energy. Any oil brought into the US should be tariffed like a MFer. We have an immense amount of energy here that WE can manage vs us accepting how it's managed that includes the consequences from others piss poor management.

Last edited:
Maybe the rising cost in fuel and everything else is exactly what is needed to help the clueless people understand the ramifications of the dumb decisions they make in voting for the wrong people.

yeah right, one can only hope...

Do the Russians use some of the money the US pays them for their oil to reduce carbon emissions at home or go toward humanitarian projects at home in Russia or abroad?

When consumed, does Russian oil cause less carbon emissions than US produced oil?

Are carbon emissions created during the transportation of Russian oil?

Are more carbon emmisions created by moving oil by rail or by pipeline?

Does using US oil reservers cause less carbon emissions than oil used from increased production of US oil?

Even if Biden is not at fault, he has no desire to help fix it. Secretly, climate fakers are thrilled.

Fun that guys have watched the last 5 years of China dumping a bioweapon, the deep state spying on a President in office, 2 impeachments, a war in Europe, now, for those not paying attention, the ability for the "world" to shut down existence. And we pretend that a couple drill rigs and a pipe would fix it.

Yeah, I know, oil, war,Russia, blah, blah, blah.

And while the media keeps you watching that, physical money was just made worthless, and now digital is shutting the door(Visa, Mastercard) And we all are cheering that.

The world was shut down because a virus with a 99% survival rate was turned loose.

We watched Canada and Australia go full racist authoritarian.

This **** was planned at Davos, and is now being executed.

You can't Build back better, if it's not destroyed to begin with. 15% inflation, does to us, what this war is doing to the average Russian.

The Great Reset.

Got yourself a good start on your own version of “Heck f’n right”.

Don’t forget those dead covid dudes were mostly high-point old guys.;)

I am wondering if the Biden clan may have large investments into Russian oil and do not want to stop the flow of oil and money into their pockets. Everyone in that family knows that Biden will not win another election and might as well get the money while they can.
RELH

Fun that guys have watched the last 5 years of China dumping a bioweapon, the deep state spying on a President in office, 2 impeachments, a war in Europe, now, for those not paying attention, the ability for the "world" to shut down existence. And we pretend that a couple drill rigs and a pipe would fix it.

Yeah, I know, oil, war,Russia, blah, blah, blah.

And while the media keeps you watching that, physical money was just made worthless, and now digital is shutting the door(Visa, Mastercard) And we all are cheering that.

The world was shut down because a virus with a 99% survival rate was turned loose.

We watched Canada and Australia go full racist authoritarian.

This **** was planned at Davos, and is now being executed.

You can't Build back better, if it's not destroyed to begin with. 15% inflation, does to us, what this war is doing to the average Russian.

The Great Reset.

It's interesting that many (the media certainly does) dismiss the Great Reset as outright conspiracy. What's also interesting is that the Great Resetters Klaus etal. (bunch of billionaire central planners) don't. Our friend Klaus Schawb wrote a book about it. It's all out there in plain view, it's not hidden.

A quick glance of their board of trustees reveals several familiar names.
In the news recently was Christia Freeland, Deputy Prime Minister & Minister of Finance, Canada. Her recent claim to fame had her locking up peaceful protesters & freezing their bank accounts for honking their truck horns in Canada. Klaus has said recently that he has at least 1/2 of the Canadian Parliament on board with his plan. You might recognize Larry Fink of BlackRock fame with over $10 trillion in assets under management & major ties to China. You might have heard recently that BlackRock has been buying up entire neighborhoods of homes throughout the country at well above market value. Lots of other movers, shakers & central bankers on their board. These are not folks I want shaping my future.

They want an end to fossil fuel. How do they accomplish that? Maybe by making it too expensive to produce & use? They want to reshape how the economy operates with them at the controls. I don't believe this is a D or R thing. They have openly in plain sight said that the pandemic is their best chance to get their views enacted. One can listen to what these people are actually saying OR if they don't listen to what these folks actually say, they can see events with their own eyes. What is happening in the world right now? Conspiracy maybe... but not according to them. I would think as a free nation with a representative government we would get a say in such matters if a bunch of unelected globalists are setting out to change the entire world economic system. But that's just me.

https://www.weforum.org/about/leadership-and-governance

I remember paying .34 a gallon back in the early 70's. Filled up my Hot Rod for a few dollars. That 4 Barrel enjoyed liberal doses of it.

Hit $3.99 This weekend here....Diesel $4.69

Diesel is $5.05 here and 87 octane is $4.80 in Northern CA.. Our state tax on a gallon of gas is the highest in the states at 3 times over federal tax thanks to our liberal law makers.
RELH

I Didn't Watch Brandon a Few Nights ago!

But somebody Said That He Said Fuel Prices were gonna go down?

9.00?

WTF?

Eel has been known to out run the cops on his electric bike by using hiking trails to evade them.
RELH

Do the Russians use some of the money the US pays them for their oil to reduce carbon emissions at home or go toward humanitarian projects at home in Russia or abroad?

When consumed, does Russian oil cause less carbon emissions than US produced oil?

Are carbon emissions created during the transportation of Russian oil?

Are more carbon emmisions created by moving oil by rail or by pipeline?

Does using US oil reservers cause less carbon emissions than oil used from increased production of US oil?
US oil has 10x the carbon emissions that Russian oil has...just ask our gov't. They'll tell you the truth.

I remember telling my wife that if gas ever got to $1/gallon I would quit driving, period! I paid $5.27 yesterday.
Oh, for the good ol' days...

In the 1960s when I was working as a mechanic in my dad's Gulf station, we had 'gas wars' here that produced prices in the teens. The lowest I recall was $ .17 but there were prolonged periods at .19 & we often had lines waiting to fill up. It kind of produced a traffic jam at the intersection because there was a Texaco & Chevron on two of the other corners. Now the state tax alone is .19 per gal.

I am wondering if the Biden clan may have large investments into Russian oil and do not want to stop the flow of oil and money into their pockets. Everyone in that family knows that Biden will not win another election and might as well get the money while they can.
RELH
Hunter Biden has to get his allowance from somewhere

This is just getting started on gas prices, hang on to your hat. My motorcycle is going to get much more use this summer for sure, gotta save for gas money this fall.

Last edited:
Brent Crude at $139/bbl with talks about going back to Iran crude to make up for it.

Sure would be nice to start using 'Made in America' oil again...

Brent Crude at $139/bbl with talks about going back to Iran crude to make up for it.

Sure would be nice to start using 'Made in America' oil again...
It will be pushing 160 by the end of week. Gas average by weekend will be high $4 range. Funny how all the sudden Iran looks like an ok option, like WTH happened to energy independence, I know I know.....

This is just getting started on gas prices, hang on to your hat. My motorcycle is going to get much more use this summer for sure, gotta save for gas money this fall.
I'm going to ride my bike this spring and summer. I could use even more exercise.

4 F'N 19 yesterday!

4 F'N 29 today!
I just got off Gas buddy and it shows Blu (whatever station that is) in Myton has the cheapest gasoline in the state right now. $3.21 a gallon, that was updated 20 hours ago, I'm not sure how accurate that is.

It will be pushing 160 by the end of week. Gas average by weekend will be high $4 range. Funny how all the sudden Iran looks like an ok option, like WTH happened to energy independence, I know I know.....

Keep in mind, that's the price to replace a bbl of oil today

I just got off Gas buddy and it shows Blu (whatever station that is) in Myton has the cheapest gasoline in the state right now. $3.21 a gallon, that was updated 20 hours ago, I'm not sure how accurate that is.
My grandpa paid over $4 a gallon at that station last week if I remember right so I’m not sure that’s updating 100% right

I filled up my daughters Chevy Cruz today at 11 am....$4.99 a gallon. Went to the same Conserve station on our way home from dinner tonight and paid $5.05. This is gonna be bad so hold on tight.

eel tells the guy at the lumber store that he needs 10-2x4's....the guy asks "how long do you need them?".....eel answers..."a long time, I'm building a tool shed"
The guy who waited on me was black. He said the tuba 4's are down that isle.

Oh, for the good ol' days...

In the 1960s when I was working as a mechanic in my dad's Gulf station, we had 'gas wars' here that produced prices in the teens. The lowest I recall was $ .17 but there were prolonged periods at .19 & we often had lines waiting to fill up. It kind of produced a traffic jam at the intersection because there was a Texaco & Chevron on two of the other corners. Now the state tax alone is .19 per gal.
I think if I remember right when I started driving in the early 70's it was 29 or 30 cents a Gallon!

Remember all the mail box number 1's that got sold about the early 80's when the over a $1 per gallon gas couldn't be displayed on the 2 digit pump??

Don't forget the attempted theft of an election. We got problems, but nothing that we cannot fix if we resist the temptation to repeat every bit of gossip that we read on facebook. When it comes to legal issues, trust law enforcement, the courts, and juries, not Carlson. When it comes to science, trust scientists, not Carlson. When it comes to Russia's intentions, trust American intelligence services, not Carlson. There is an answer to everything.

We are currently buying oil from Russia, still, even with the war and all the sanctions.

We are also providing aid and weapons to Ukraine to fight Russia.

So we are essentially funding both sides of the war.

You couldn't make this up if you tried.

We are currently buying oil from Russia, still, even with the war and all the sanctions.

We are also providing aid and weapons to Ukraine to fight Russia.

So we are essentially funding both sides of the war.

You couldn't make this up if you tried.
If hypocrisy was a boil on our ass, it would be 1000 miles wide and 500 feet deep!

Don't forget the attempted theft of an election. We got problems, but nothing that we cannot fix if we resist the temptation to repeat every bit of gossip that we read on facebook. When it comes to legal issues, trust law enforcement, the courts, and juries, not Carlson. When it comes to science, trust scientists, not Carlson. When it comes to Russia's intentions, trust American intelligence services, not Carlson. There is an answer to everything.

Who is Carlson?

attempted??....lol

Not the junk scientists of today, sorry.
No question. There are outliers in any group, whether scientists or talking heads. But when there is consensus among trained observers I tend to pay attention. In the end, it boils down to who can present the facts--and that is where the difficulty lies, since there are some on either side of these political issues who would use the facts to suit their political purposes. At that point it ceases to become science.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom