Putting in for tags

whtelk

Dont forget that the deadline to put in for tags is just around the corner. All I will say is for deer it will be a point saver. and for elk?? cant tell what unit I am putting for elk until after the drawing. I have 9 points for elk and 7 for deer. How many points do you all have?

I've got 6 points for each, and I will be putting in for "great" tags, so that if I were to draw, I would be pleasently suprised. Scott

===support your local guzzlers. OHA life member,lapine oregon=== zero buck deer, 1 elk, 3 antelope, 4 doe. i put in for the interstate unit for buck deer, i'll hunt it one or two years. then move on.

This time of year is always exciting, hoping and praying you will drawing that special hunt of a lifetime. Have 10 points for buck deer and will be putting it to use in the Trout Creek Mtns. Have 5 points for antelope and will be putting in for the Juniper unit. Hurricane Divide for sheep, Elkhorns for goat, Imnaha for bull elk, and Maupin unit for doe. Hope for the best and hope all of you have the same luck. Jeff

6 elk points (point saver), 8 deer points ( Juniper Muzzy-yea right) 8 antelope points- does it matter with only 1.5% going to NR?

With 6 points each, my brother and I will almost for sure draw the elk tag we're putting in for. No deer points and so just put in for a point. Antelope we've each got 8 points, and put in for a good southeast unit, but I expect it will be at least 2 more years before we have a chance at that one. Although, NR's are allowed up to 3% of the antelope tags, so it's twice as good as you thought, Califelkslayer!

I'll always be stuck on the fact that half of those 3% go to the outfitter draw so I'll always figure it @ 1.5%. Guess I'm stubborn that way.

Back
Top Bottom