Quail?

R

rockclimber

Could anyone point me in the right direction for some quail hunting near the Carson City area? I have tried two chunks of BLM land near there without any luck.

The second piece of BLM land i looked at (near the Carson BLM office) honestly made me sick. Trash EVERYWHERE. Literally hundreds of empty shotgun shells and brass at every parking lot, used targets, beer bottles, broken clays, car parts. What really bothered me was the amount of trash taht was obviously from people out shooting. Typically i'd pick up trash but i honestly would have needed 10 dumpsters.

Anyhow i live on the nevada side of lake tahoe. I'd like to find some land relativley close that i may be able to kick up a covey or two of quail. The more remote the better (less trash and fewer dirt bikers). I see plenty near the subdivisions and golf courses. At the moment i don't have a bird dog...i'm trying to convince the wife to get out and flush some birds but that isn't working too well....haha.

Thanks
RC

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom