Quay County Second Amendment Sanctuary County

toklat

Congratulations to Quay County. Just became New Mexico's first Second Amendment Sanctuary County.
Hope this sets a precedent for more NM counties to follow!

I heard the county commissioner talking on a local radio station Saturday and he was saying Lincoln county was going to do the same thing. Good on them !

And what is so glorious about it is that Mich and crew can do absolutely nothing about it!!!

The state legislature can pass all the the bills they want and Mich can sign all of them into law. If they are not enforced, they mean absolutely nothing, and everyone of them can be overturned by bigger fish in the pond...

I imagine, or at least hope, that Union County is not far behind either. Seems like pretty conservative folk up here.

KRQE reported several counties are possibly doing this. None of the of course are Bernalillo, Sandoval, Or Santa Fe Counties. Those counties will suck for years to come but it's nice to see the fight being fought

I think I read where San Juan county was moving to be a sanctuary county, but that it didn't mean they would not enforce immigration laws.

Support your local Sheriff!

Lincoln county commissioners voted yesterday to become a 2nd amendment sanctuary county and there was standing room only with the lobby full too .

Sandoval county will be hosting a meeting tomorrow night to determine 2A sanctuary county.

If you live in Sandoval county and you care about your guns please show up to show your support.

I will see if I can post the location later as I do not have that information available right now.

rockn9858 is correct the meeting is at the Sandoval County Commission , the building is on Idailia at 6:00 pm....The Dems sent out FB messages to show up at 4-430 to pack the building so people who are in favor of the resolution can't be heard....

I read the Sandoval County resolution. It doesn't include a process for determining the constitutionality of the disputed laws. The resolution seems to leave the enforcement decision up to the fiat of the sheriff and/or the commission, and those guys change with every election.

So basically, these kind of resolutions remove the rule of law from our society, and we're left with having to keep track of the current tilt of every petty despot (which ever way it is on whatever resolution topic).

I'm all for the administrative branch refusing to implement wrong-headed laws passed by the legislative, but eventually the judicial branch will have to rule unfavorably on those laws to really get rid of them.

Heard on the local news who had a legal scholar weigh in on the viability/legality of Second Amendment Sanctuary Counties. His legal opinion was that NM state?s previously passed gun control measures will over-ride them! Time will tell!

let it go to the supreme court and see what happens. so these idiot democrats think that it's ok to ignore the law regarding illegal immigrants and ignore the second amendment?

I will say I was surprised to watch the newly elected Dem Sandoval County Sheriff Jesse James Casous speak on behalf of 2ND Amendment and all legal law abiding residents of not only Sandoval County but of NM.....After the vote, down stairs I watched numerous Democratic constituents approach Sheriff Casous and speak to him very upset and and many of them said they wished they had known more about him before they voted for him and were ashamed of him....There were more people lined up to shake his hand and thank him....over 1000 people in San Juan showed up , 105 in chambers and 200-300 people standing down stairs in Sandoval County.....The Counties are showing this new Gov and her counterfeit administration what they think of their short time at the round house...WELL DONE SANDOVAL COUNTY!

Rio Arriba just joined the ranks of NM Second Amendment Sanctuary Counties last night! Hope this is ending a message to ?the elected? elites at Santa Fe and our so called Governor!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom