Question about left over tags

R

Ridge_Runner

A buddy and I have put in for a undersubcribed unit for buck deer and now another buddy who couldn't make the trip has been cleared to go by the "war department" My question is can he pick up a left over tag once the draw is over even if he didn't put in for the draw and if so do people that put in for the draw have first choice at the leftover tags? Hope this makes sense.

Happy trails
Ridge Runner
"Now Pilgrim,you sure you can skin grizz"

When you applied, on the application, there was a check box that said send me the leftover list if I don't draw. The people that checked that box and then don't draw will be sent a list of leftover tags. They then get to choose again and a second draw is held. After that, the remaining tags go on sale to the public in August I think.

If there are still leftover tags after the second drawing, then he has a chance at them if he can buy one if they don't sell out first.

Brian

That's probably what he would do but hoping he can get a left over tag so he can go after a buck. Sorry for the late response been busy with moving.

Happy trails
Ridge Runner
"Now Pilgrim,you sure you can skin grizz"

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom