Questions about point guard and group applications

DidIDraw

How does point guard work in the case of group applications?

If 3 hunters draw together and each chooses point guard then one of the group isn't able to make the hunt can just he/she withdraw and get points back? Does it affect the other members of the group in any way?

Also, is a point gained in that year for the hunter that withdrew (i.e. Colorado will allow a tag to be turned in but no preference point will be gained for that year)? Will it upset the 5 year loyalty point?

Thanks!

A single member of a party can withdraw, and yes, a point is gained. No it will not affect the loyalty point.

They refuse to tell everyone what they're doing with them. They simply gave like 5 different options and do whatever they please with them. The only option there should be is giving it to the next guy in line like Utah. But that's not the case. As for the original question bob answered it exactly right.

LAST EDITED ON May-26-17 AT 05:04AM (MST)[p]I think they only allow it once to minimize abuse, but if someone intentionally wanted to move someone else up and sacrifice the tag fee in a year they don't want a tag, they could do it. Then do it again as a traditional party in a year they wanted to hunt. Or for the person just buying points for an extra tag in someone else's name (non hunting family or friends).

I'm not sure how they can figure out next in line after the second and lower choices are done, but they could figure out next in line who didn't actually get issued a tag. That would be a best attempt at pulling down points pools naturally and at being fair. The returned tag should be offered to that person first. I'm not sure how they actually reissue.

They have them all in order after the 1-2 Pass. I drew as the first alternate in 2013 and my tag came from the Bonus Pass. A NR had his card declined and I was lotto lucky.

Tags given out due to bad cards are a totally different story than tags given back through point guard. They tell you they will move to next guy in line for a bad card. They tell you 5 different options for tags given back through point guard.

Yes. In the regular draw, they can reshuffle a bad charge pretty easy before tags are issued. After the tags are sent out, it would be a mess as somebody who was issued a lower choice may be next in line for the turned in tag. It might affect several people with tags in hand. So maybe they should give the option to next in line that wasn't issued a tag? maybe a redraw? Maybe just give it to friends and family of the head of the department? It's not clear in the regulations how they reissue the turned in tags now. I wonder how many tags were turned in last year?

LAST EDITED ON May-29-17 AT 02:59PM (MST)[p]I wasn't speaking to Point Guard tags, but Elmers question about ranking.

If you want to know how they handle Point Guard tags, you could call the Boss and ask her.

Game and fish called me a week prior to the turkey hunt and said you were the next inline for a tag and she said a hunter that drew turned his tag in w/ point guard. I told her I would take the tag and 2 days later a tag showed up in the mail and I was tag #1 for a (2) tag unit. I had (10) bonus pts so I'm guessing the next inline is the guy who has the most bonus points for that unit who put in for it.

We applied our two sons together for deer and the point guard section said not available. We didn't want it any way, but begs the question.

Is this not available for group apps 2017?

Have you created a portal? All of the information including your email address has to match with the application information and the portal information. If your email, mailing address, or phone number is different on either one it won't give you the option to purchase it. But yes point guard is available to group apps.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom