R&R Taxadermy Mesa Arizona

Ridge Walker

Do not use this Taxidermist !!!
This taxidermy shop was recommended by a good friend. I had a 404 non-typical Elk mount, that I wanted changed into a European mount. It seemed pretty straightforward, as the shop said they could do it. Not only did it take a long time, but it was very difficult to get this taxidermy shop to respond. The first time they made an attempt, it was approximately 14 inches less on the inside spread, and my elk looked like a unicorn. I provided them with extra photos, and the actual Boone and Crockett game sheet. The spread was 53 inches wide. Not only were the antlers not set evenly, right side is dipped more than the left, RnR mounted it at 59 inches wide? It looks like hell. Do not waste your time with this shop. I should’ve mounted it myself with an uncle Mike’s plastic kit from bass pro. It would’ve looked much better. Now I have to get a real taxidermy shop to fix my world class elk. James Herrick.

Maybe he’s not as good of friend as you thought.

The google reviews agree with you. Hope you get it fixed.

curious why you’re going to a euro mount?

A bull that big would be a pain in the ass to do either way. Maybe the skull plate was too weak to put onto a slotted skull and had to pin them on a skull with pedicals.

Yes the skull plate was too weak. The bases are 11.4 inches around. The rack is very heavy. The previous taxidermist used bolts that were too big as well, so it made the skull play extremely weak. Regardless of how difficult it is, that is what a taxidermist does for a living. If he felt he could not complete the job he should’ve turned it down. He completed the job twice because the first one Was mounted straight up Period so with all of the measurements and pictures, he should’ve mounted it to exact portions. How do you screw up 53 inches to 59 inches in width, and have the right side drop down versus the left? One can just eyeball the rack and realize that it’s ****** up. All I’m trying to say is, take an animal to R &R at your own risk. I’m a pretty laid-back person, but this really pissed me off, and for good reason.

Been in a similar situation with an Aoudad.
Taxidermist shipped a lifesize with palm sized bald
spots / hair falling out.
I would have never let it leave my shop.
Never called, just shipped it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom