RAAP making some progress...

elks96

Long Time Member
As many know I formed a group called the Roan Area Access Project. Our efforts are aimed at increasing and maintaining public hunting access in NW Colorado. I have been working hard on this now for about a month. On Monday, I got a much needed boost of support from our county commissioners. There is still lots to be done and for now access has been lost to over 10,000+ acres of private land.

My group is all about forming a partnership with land owners/managers and working to resolve issues that prevent them from allowing access. In Colorado, we only have around 300,000 leased acres for public hunting and fishing. Montana has over 7,000,000 WY over 1.3 million.

Our goal is to create a partnership model that can be duplicated statewide to increase hunting access.

Check out our article in the local paper...

https://www.postindependent.com/new...ssioners-support-roan-plateau-hunting-access/

Good job, Rob! Keep it up.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Great job! Keep up the good work.

You know, as much of a fuss that was made over transferring federal lands to state control on this site, you would sure think more MM'ers would help your stance on this. While I realize the difference in the 2 scenarios, there are also many similarities; mainly LOSS of hunting lands.

Too bad most hunters only care when it's in their own back yard...

>Keep it up Rob. I'm on
>the front range if you
>need anything over here.

Ditto. Robert, you are THE MAN. Have you affiliated your effort w any larger organizations? That can be a double-edged sword, but there is political power in #s of supporters.

Happy to thank you once again for your efforts that may benefit us all. I doubt you have all the supporters you need, so I encourage everyone here to make calls, write letters, attend meetings in support of RAAP.

>>Keep it up Rob. I'm on
>>the front range if you
>>need anything over here.
>
>Ditto. Robert, you are THE MAN.
>Have you affiliated your effort
>w any larger organizations? That
>can be a double-edged sword,
>but there is political power
>in #s of supporters.
>
>Happy to thank you once again
>for your efforts that may
>benefit us all. I doubt
>you have all the supporters
>you need, so I encourage
>everyone here to make calls,
>write letters, attend meetings in
>support of RAAP.

I am in the process. Unfortunately, this entire thing is like a full time job.

Currently Steve Hilde with the CBA had been a great resource. I am also going to reach out to the RMEF soon.

If the Caerus deal ends up being dead I still think there is great potential for other partnerships and access issues.

For example if no one has been keeping track there is a major battle over a county road here in Garfield County. Basically it is a county road that a larger ranch with deep pockets is closing off. As of right now it is locked off and the county is fighting it.

Look Up High Lonesome Ranch and it is an interesting fight.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom