Radium State Wildlife Area CO

Daxter

Very Active Member
Anybody ever spent any time hunting this area? I am looking for a spot to hunt 3rd season deer in Unit 15 this fall and have a couple questions for anybody that has hunted the southern portion of the unit. I kind of drew the tag by accident/stupid mistake and am trying to figure out some places to start looking. I noticed the Radium SWA which was supposedly purchases as winter deer and elk range so I though it might be alright in the 3rd season with some weather? I am also looking at the Yarmony Mountain, Black Mountain, and Congor Mesa areas. Anybody with any experience in or info on these areas I would really appreciate it, send me a pm or email me [email protected] Thank you so much for your help.

Dax

I know this post was from 2007 but just looking for any info on the same area. Wondering if you had any luck or how the area might have treated you.

Its very crowded, last year spent 4 days in there and only saw 15-20 does. Hunters at every turn, but you can still manage to take a deer if you can find a place to get away from the crowds.

We camped at Radium for quite a few years. Nice country. But way too many licenses are issued now and the quality has suffered. Some world class habitat there and there are some solid bucks. But it is just too crazy for a rural Wyoming guy. And it gets pounded hard.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom