rain protection

txhunter58

Long Time Member
I have heard to seal the cap to the nipple and make it waterproof you can use fingernail polish, but what do you use on the end of the muzzle to protect it from rain? I have heard to use electrical tape, but have not seen any wide enough to seal the end of a 54 caliber. Do they make wider tape or is something else better?

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

txhunter58: There are several things you can use on the muzzle end. Don't use electrical tape. You can use a small balloon, a condom, or even better yet you can use a product made down in Flint, Texas called a "Muzzle Mitt". Their address is Norm's Hunting Helps, P. O. Box 206, Flint, TX 75762 (903) 839-3558

Thanks blue. I will call and see about getting a muzzle mitt.

txhunter58

Blue: I called that number and someone answered that is not in the Muzzle Mitt business. She says she gets people calling all the time, and suspects that they may be out of business. Did you just give me the wrong number, or are they no longer in business? Thanks

txhunter58

LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-02 AT 08:17AM (MST)[p]txhunter58: No, I gave you the number that is printed on the back of their package. They must have gone out of business.

I would get some of the smallest balloons you can find and use them. When you do remember something: when you slide the balloon over the muzzle bring the open end up over your front sight blade and make a real small slit in the balloon so that your front sight blade is sticking through. Obviously you don't have to worry about that is if you're using a scope!

Thumbing thru Eder's catalog yesterday, I noticed they sell muzzle mitts...they sell for $3.50 for 10 + shipping--a bit steep if you ask me.

0513570.jpg

http://www.eders.com/catalog/showde...&St3=-33426391&DS_ID=3&Product_ID=18155&DID=9

wmidbrook: That's the old Muzzle Mitt! Notice though that you also get the tubing for sealing the cap. It might be a little steep, but if you ever need one and don't have it, that .35 cents is gonna seem awful cheap!

Seems pretty cheap to me! I ordered 4 sets (for me and 3 friends). Thanks for the link.

txhunter58

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom