rain?

goforbroke

I have my first ever New mexico tag. 16 B rifle elk. I've been worried about the growth of headgear due to drought, but it looks like some good rain is falling!! Any one local to the area that can confirm?

Thanks Looking forward to a fun hunt.

Don't know about the Gila but up north we have WAY more moisture than the last few years... LOOKING GOOD....More coming in this weekend??
Keep your fingers crossed...
Jack

Just drove from Socorro to Quemado and got pissed on a little bit. Not much. Lots of elk on the road as usual.
It's pretty dry but things are looking up.

I am headed up into 16B this weekend for an early scouting trip, looks like it should be a good rainy weekend there, I'll let you know how it goes with the rain.

Getting some today. I forgot how good wet ground smelled.
Lightning show south of me last night in Gila,doesn't look like much rain,yet.

Rained quite awhile Sunday evening around quemado lake. grass is a little more green in this area southward through fox mtn pass. lots of elk. Saw a nice bull north of quemado and lots average bulls south.

I got .34 in that last little storm. About.50 so far this season.
Heard it dumped on Datil, the Plains and south into Gila.Same with Magdelana.
Escondido looks green from my place 20mi away. My grass is trying.

Had 1.08" in April and 1.4" in May at my house in 53... last year got .24" in April and May... Big difference. 50 and 53 are green haven't been over to 52 but bet it is also. Antler growth should be great this year. And hopefully no fire danger.
Jack

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom