Rainstorms Hitting G1

Well sure! I had that tag last year..... :mad: Good luck HH! I heard Sierra Pacific opened up their land now so that should be an option for you.

This pict was yesterday along Hwy 36 near Mineral. 5 to 7 inches of heavy wet snow.

2021-10-18 08.17.58.jpg

I hit a waypoint on my OnX at the snowline which was 3500 feet elevation and where Ponderosa Way crosses Hwy 36. Our cabin at Almanor had a bit less snow than farther west where I took the above pict, but it was still snowing when we left at 8 am.

View attachment 55644
Beautiful sights! Snow on the ground and the cabin still standing.

Roads are getting sloppily thanks hell up here.
One pickup off the side up top.
The clay is turning to mush.
It's been pounding rain for hours.
Cozy in the new trailer, but those roads do concern me.

The Bomb Cyclone is supposed to hit here on the coast tomorrow.

.SUN NIGHT...S winds 15 to 20 kt. Waves W 24 ft at 17 seconds.
Showers and slight chance of tstms.
.MON...S winds 15 to 20 kt. Waves W 21 ft at 16 seconds.

We used to call them strong storms until the climate change gig became popular.

The Bomb Cyclone is supposed to hit here on the coast tomorrow.

.SUN NIGHT...S winds 15 to 20 kt. Waves W 24 ft at 17 seconds.
Showers and slight chance of tstms.
.MON...S winds 15 to 20 kt. Waves W 21 ft at 16 seconds.

We used to call them strong storms until the climate change gig became popular.
We are calling for 2-6" of rain. What are you supposed to get on the coast?

Some of those creek crossings could get ugly with the amount of rain we've had, lots of run off in that lava cap country. Be safe boy's, good luck... should be plenty of deer in there.
Mike

Leaving wednesday to hunt the garden with my dad after waiting all these years to draw I think we should have a great chance with this weather
Hope the M9 hunt works out. This weather should help. I was there the last 6 days of the X2 rifle hunt and basically never saw a buck! The does were migrating toward Mowitz and Badger Wells, but we could not pick a buck out of anywhere we hunted.

Last edited:
I used to see some big bucks in the Badger Wells area when we were goose hunting, after deer season. Around Thanksgiving.

Oroville lake went up 20 feet from this storm alone. That's a lot of water. We need about 6 more of those kinds of storms and the drought would be over.

From what I saw, the camps that weathered the storm had great success immediately after. Then slim pickings the rest of the week.

I had a tag, and my son's girlfriend had a tag.
I didn't have the wildlife area tag....and they were slaying them down there.
I only had opportunities at 3 bucks and passed all three.
My son's girlfriend got a nice one.

View attachment 57698
Dang, Harry……I’m still thinking about your son having a girlfriend. Feels like yesterday when he was young fella and having a lot of success that we all got to see here. Where did the time go?

Nice buck for that young lady, too!

Makes me feel old.
He on a helicopter crew with Cal-Fire.
He was a Dozer swamped for a few years and a grunt before that.
Thanks man.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom