Ramah Lake

S

sonofthesouth

For all of the people that enjoy fishing Ramah Lake, it's a good news bad news year. Good news: With current snow levels in the Zuni Mountains, Ramah Lake will be at 100% capacity or close to 100% this spring. Bad news: Ramah Land & Irrigation, which owns the lake, will be voting stock Feb. 9th on whether or not to cancel the lease with NMG&F Dept. due to several years of breaking the contract that exists between them and for failure to repay RL&I for work preformed on NMG&F behalf.

As it stands RL&I cannot afford to continue to pay the NMG&F Depts. Tab.

Son

Does it still have all the pike and gold fish in there? I knew they were trying to kill them off. Used to love Ramah when I was growing up....

LAST EDITED ON Feb-06-08 AT 08:39AM (MST)[p]Ramah doesnt have a gold fish problem I dont think

True Ramah has never had the gold fish problems like our neighbors @ Blue Water Lake but low lake levels over the last couple of years has caused overall poor health issues for the fish that are there. Before this last storm the snow sites had 15? snow on the level with an average of 4? of moisture in it. With this additional snow, we are confident that we will be back to capacity.

Son

Glad to hear there is plenty of moisture on the Zuni's and west side of the state. We are really dry on the east side.

I fished Ramah quite a bit as a kid. I caught my first bass (about a 4 pounder, remember this is a fish story) on the eastern side in the shallows on a antique 1960ish top water lure my granddad gave me. First cast of the morning to. Everyone was in shock for about 15 seconds and man I've never seen so many lures fly from a boat so fast after that. I'll remember that forever.

I say don't do no business with a man that don't pay his tab. You'll be the broke one at the end of the day.

Son, I have a photo of a buck with strong resemblence to your dads 1987 archery buck that was taken the year prior I believe. You will freak. I will try to post.

LuckyFool

Thanks, Ramah Lake is where I learned to drown, so it will always have that place in my childhood memories. Lol. And I would love to see that other photo!

Son

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom