Rams

LAST EDITED ON Feb-03-18 AT 04:38PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-03-18 AT 04:37?PM (MST)

We are still at it in unit 32. Seen a big one yesterday and he vanished when we tried to close the distance.

Its been really hard to locate them. But that may be because we are new to hunting these critters.

Forget closing the distance, just launch missiles. Lol
Need to be able to shoot long long range. They will disappear in minutes.

Nothing for my boys today. Only saw six, all on private property. Hunters everywhere doesn't help. Did see eleventy billion deer and elk with a couple of them fairly nice.

With all due respect, "launching missiles" is one of the main problems with sheep hunting. Too many wanna be snipers that think they can make 600 yard shots. or even 400 yard shots.

I've killed sheep at 7 yards, 60 yards, 90 yards. Longest was 180. It can be done.

I'm not going to preach what an "acceptable" distance is, but I've witnessed a LOT of shooters ineffectively toss hail mary's way, way too far.

Let's remember, we're HUNTERS not SHOOTERS.

Carl

In unit 30 had a group walk down right on top of us within 30 yards while me and my dad were cleaning our javelina. But no sheep tag this year!

I agree 100% smarba.
I used to guide for barbs here in NM and have been a part of over 60 aoudad kills. The shortest shot was 10 feet and the longest was 380 yards. Most were less than 200.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom