Ranching for wildlife tags 2023.

brutus54

I seen where Founder posted a ad for Rocky Mountain ranches in Colorado for Ranching for wildlife tags. That got me thinking did the Ranching for Wildlife ranchers in Northwest Colorado get their tag allotment cut? Because I know the regular landowners in that area get their tags out of the same pool as the general public. And we know how many tags got cut out of that this year. Ranching for wildlife has their own separate tag system. And I don’t know if I have ever seen Colorado parks and wildlife post that information ?

Last edited:
The following links provide how many Tags were allocated to each RFW participant for the 2022 hunting period. They say that the 2023 numbers will be posted in May but from my experience it's usually later.

You can use the 2022 tag numbers to compare against the 2023 tag numbers (when available) to see if the number of tags given to the RFW participants is the same or less. It will be interesting. RFW ranches include significant amounts of land in the NW portion of the state. Hopefully the percentage of tag reduction to the general public equals a percentage reduction for the RFW ranches. But as I posted above, I doubt the CPAW will reduce the tags given to the RFW ranches.

The following links provide how many Tags were allocated to each RFW participant for the 2022 hunting period. They say that the 2023 numbers will be posted in May but from my experience it's usually later.

You can use the 2022 tag numbers to compare against the 2023 tag numbers (when available) to see if the number of tags given to the RFW participants is the same or less. It will be interesting. RFW ranches include significant amounts of land in the NW portion of the state. Hopefully the percentage of tag reduction to the general public equals a percentage reduction for the RFW ranches. But as I posted above, I doubt the CPAW will reduce the tags given to the RFW ranches.
They do exist… You are good. Did you have to call somebody to find these?

They do exist… You are good. Did you have to call somebody to find these?
Several years ago I was looking into a RFW hunt, so I got familiar with the info available. I even sent an e-mail to the CPAW requesting RFW hunter satisfaction survey results (which they actually provided). I never did apply for a RFW tag but I learned a lot.

Several years ago I was looking into a RFW hunt, so I got familiar with the info available. I even sent an e-mail to the CPAW requesting RFW hunter satisfaction survey results (which they actually provided). I never did apply for a RFW tag but I learned a lot.
I did see this quote from CPW in an article in the Craig press yesterday. It does mention reduction of licenses for RFW…………………….. Parks and Wildlife is reducing all of the different styles of licenses including ranching for wildlife, private-land-only tags and public tags, in addition to the over-the-counter season.

Last edited:

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom