Random draw question

orion23

Very Active Member
when in the ramdom draw do your points convert to bonus points? or is each person in the hat 1 time regardless of points.

example: someone with 1 under max and another person with 1 point, do they have the same random odds.

Thanks.

Travis
www.SkullHanger.com

There are no bonus points in WY, only Preference Points that you get once a year for each species IF you buy them and the one you buy isn't used until the draw the following year. Everyone goes into the PP Draw first no matter whether you have any PPs or not. Then all those who don't get tags in that draw go into the Random Draw for the 25% of the remaining tags and the Random doesn't use PPs, so everyone is on an equal basis like your example. However, if you draw your first choice in that Random Draw you do lose all your PPs because it was your first choice and a lot of people don't know that.

Yep, if you're not gonna have max points for whatever hunt you are chasing, then the extra $50/year is just going to waste.

Points are always an asset, I would stick with it.

Maybe the tag you want requires max points today, but maybe they will stop that practice. or they may change preference points to bonus points. or more likely you may find another hunt you want and your points will draw it .

You can never have too many points.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

>Points are always an asset, I
>would stick with it.
>
> Maybe the tag you want
>requires max points today,
>but maybe they will stop
>that practice. or
>they may change preference points
>to bonus points. or
>more likely you may find
>another hunt you want and
>your points will draw it

>You can never have too
>many points.

I have to disagree with your statement that you can never have enough points. IMHO that really only applies to those who have max points and want to keep trying for that one tag that requires that many. However, there are many great units, especially for antelope, that are really good hunts with barely half that many points needed if people would just do their homework and realize that you don't need max points to kill a good animal.

?However, there are many great units, especially for antelope, that are really good hunts with barely half that many points needed if people would just do their homework and realize that you don't need max points to kill a good animal.?

Bingo!

'Ike'

Bowhunter...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom