Randy Moss a Niner

larrbo

Very Active Member
Well it looks like the 49er's signed Randy Moss to a one year deal. Never have been a Moss fan, hope he doesn't ruin the chemistry on the team. What do you guys think?

If we can only sign Peyton to a two year contract...=back to back super bowls.

I'm sure that Harbaugh wouldn't hesitate to cut Moss if he doesn't pan out as either a receiver or a team mate!

Hopefully as 264mag mentioned since Moss only has a 1yr contract and was sitting home. Hopefully he will be a good boy and just play football. Anyone hear anything about T.O. being approached to take the other wideout spot since they are at it :)...You would think since the 9ers have improved so much that they would have found some young guy with speed and potential to develope for the long haul instead of taking on a guy with a long history of bad attitude and causing locker room issues. I hope this decision isn't the first "heeek up" in the new 9er era.

))))------>

I tink it might work out well. I still have nighmares about the 1 catch by a wide receiver in the championship game.

2311idiot.jpg

I'm all in with whatever Harbaugh does at this point. I believe he earned our trust, at least for this season.

Need someone for the other side since Morgan seems set on going to Washington.

Grant is leaving too. i understand. He subbed for Willis, looked good with great players around him. His stock has never been so high. He should get paid while he can.

It'll be interesting to see how Moss fits with the niners. Expect them to take a wide receiver with their first or second pick, and perhaps they're just using Moss for a single season until that prospect is ready to really contribute. They cut Braylon Edwards with no fanfare, so I doubt they'd put up with much distraction from Moos before letting him go if he can't stay on the straight and narrow.

I'm not worried about Josh Morgan leaving. Kyle Williams shows a lot of promise at wideout, and new draft players should round things out nicely. IMO, someone paid Josh Morgan way too much money for the player he's been so far.

Niners will pick up the last receiver left in free agency. That's Balke/Harbaugh's style. Pay less.

They have their defense signed. Only 2 defensive players are free agents next year. If we can dodge the injury bug again, we'll be very solid. Need a backup for Willis/Bowman in case of injury.

They didn't resign Snyder which I think is a mistake. And they haven't released Rachel Chilo yet either. OL still scares me.

Mario Manningham and Brandon Lloyd are supposed to be coming in for a visit. Shawntae Spencer was released and will free up about $3mm in cap space.

Just reading that the 49ers are 1 of the last 3 teams who are in the Payton lottery. Where did this come from? Did Alex Smith ask for too much? Anyways, if they pull it off, & Manning ends up a 9er. Should be an interesting season.

ESPN reported that Manning worked out for Harbaugh Tuesday at Duke University!
I'm not sure how to view this. I guess it makes sense now on why the 9ers have been jacking Alex Smith around! I'm not at all compfortable with this. If they don't sign Manning, Alex may tell them to take a hike. (no pun intended)
This could really screw up the team chemistry if it ain't handled right!

I have read that Alex wants Manning to sign a contract somewhere before he signs with anyone. He then would be the top free agent QB on the market and thinks he would get more money. That is why the niners have not been able to sign him so far. If Manning goes to the Bronco's, Alex will get more money out of the niners.

OK, what's the old saying "things happen in threes". The Niners signed Moss a few days ago, then they signed Manningham yesterday, is it going to be Manning on Tuesday?

Jed York is starting to act like uncle Eddie. He wants to win a Superbowl, and it appears he's prepared to do whatever it takes to get his. Peyton Manning signs with 49ers by Tuesday, book it.

Now all the 49ers may need is a quarterback. If Manning doesn't sign and Smith goes somewhere else.

Eel

Probably teh worst they could do is get Hasselbeck if the Titans get Manning. Now if he goes to Denver which makes no sense to me unless Elway can put a lid on their stadium and Smith goes elsewhere who knows what will happen

Eel said, "Now all the 49ers may need is a quarterback. If Manning doesn't sign and Smith goes somewhere else."

1/2 down, reports say Manning signed with Denver. Now, if Alex is pissed that we went after Manning... Miami apparently wants him...

I don't blame the 9'ers looking hard at Manning. I just hope this whole thing doesn't blow up and we're without a quality QB next year.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

And Manning chooses the Broncos! Oh well, I could hope like a true fan that he'd sign with the Niners. Now they need to focus on getting it done with Alex Smith.

Isn't it funny how Alex Smith went from being a pariah a few years ago to one of the more valued quarterbacks in the NFL this year?

I sure hope they didn't burn any bridges with Alex. I would like to think not, but this business and if Alex wants more money, there are those out there that will throw it at him now!
Go Niners!

So now, the Manning fall out begins:
Will Alex Smith come back & demand for the same type of cash the 49ers were willing to offer Payton? Or will he sign a "No Love" clause & take off for the Dolphins?
If he goes, will Harbaugh & the Bay welcome Tebow with open arms?
Or is the 2nd year UNR guy be the main man this year?

Ya never Know...........
Could be a 49er's episode of "Paytons Place".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom