Rangefinder Binoculars

RRCowboyStar

I am looking to buy a 10x pair. Don't really need Bluetooth and Ballistics. But not opposed to them. Looking at the Swarovski, Leica and Meopta.
Anyone have experience with them? Thoughts?

It's our pleasure, as a long standing supporting vendor here, to discuss the different available options and special opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have the time. Thanks

Well, you are definitely on the right track. Can't go wrong with any of the 3 you listed. You almost need to try them out and decide. Some might feel great in your hands and look great through your eyes, while I might hate them. Once you get to that level of glass you're splitting hairs IMO.

After trying all 3 you list I bought the Meopta. Its rangefinder is faster and more accurate than the others. My eyes and several others think the glass is just as good also. The price was better too.

Thanks easy, I would like to find someone in town (CO Springs) that has the Meopta. I just sold a pair of the Meopta 12x and was satisfied with the optics. I have looked thru the Leica and Swaro.
I don't know anyone with the Meopta Rangefinder to compare.

I bought the Swarovski last year. Looked really hard at the Leica and almost bought it. You cant beat the swarovski glass and the range finder was much quicker than the leica. Also agree with FT that it would be hard to go wrong with any of the three. I LOVE my swarovskis and very happy with my purchase. Probably comes down to your preference for what and how you plan to use them.

Zeiss RF are the best in my opinion. I’m a hardcore Swarovski guy but the EL ranges have always felt awkward in my hands.
I ran the ZEISS for a year and ended up selling it. Felt like I couldn’t glass through them for more than 20 minutes without my eyes hurting. Loved everything else about them but I think the display in there was throwing my eye off. Bought the new EL range TA’s and they have the best glass of any rangefjndkng bino I’ve ever looked through (Leica, zeiss, vortex and the old EL’s). Not even a close comparison. Better than the non ranging older EL’s even.

I have a pair of the Swarovski range 10x42. I love them. You might be surprised 5 years down the road what they’re still worth. They don’t lose much in value if they’re taken care of. You get what you pay for in this case. They’re all top end. Just like pickups some guys like Chevys some Toyotas ect….

I have always been a Swaro. guy. But did not like the way the new EL have the electronics in the bottom of the barrels. Did not feel comfortable. I just had a chance to spend some time with the new Leica Geovid Pro 10x. Glass looked exceptional and the tracking system does not have to have cell service.
Cameraland gave me a hell of a deal. Should be delivered today.

I have always been a Swaro. guy. But did not like the way the new EL have the electronics in the bottom of the barrels. Did not feel comfortable. I just had a chance to spend some time with the new Leica Geovid Pro 10x. Glass looked exceptional and the tracking system does not have to have cell service.
Cameraland gave me a hell of a deal. Should be delivered today.
Did they shrink them down any? The 2019ish Geovids I had were monstrosities. Not any heavier than a competitor just big boned.

Yes the completely reshaped them. They have separate barrels and the electronics are not even noticeable.

Those look the same as the ones I had. I didn’t have the old old school geovids. Trying to see actual pics and dimensions but they are all of the 32mm. Anyhow before anyone buys these I’d make sure to hold them as they look to be the same frame as the non pro’s and they are big. Like 3” longer and 1.5” wider than a normal 10x bino. They take up about the same room as my 15x56 swaros.

Yote

No, the Pro Series is a smaller frame. They have the Geovid 3200.com. that is the same as the old frame. The Pro series is the same shape but much more compact. The glass also seemed brighter. I will post a picture next to my 15x when I get them.

Yote

No, the Pro Series is a smaller frame. They have the Geovid 3200.com. that is the same as the old frame. The Pro series is the same shape but much more compact. The glass also seemed brighter. I will post a picture next to my 15x when I get them.
Sweet. I stand corrected. I might have to check them out. I’m in love with my EL Range TA’s but they don’t correct for elevation internally (have to do it via Bluetooth prior to hunting) so I might have to move on from them.

I have never used any of the optics that have bluetooth. I am more excited to be able to drop a pin on map where I am ranging. The fact that Leica does not need cell service as the Swaros. do. was one of the deciding factors for me. I will have all summer for the grandkids to explain it all to me.

I have never used any of the optics that have bluetooth. I am more excited to be able to drop a pin on map where I am ranging. The fact that Leica does not need cell service as the Swaros. do. was one of the deciding factors for me. I will have all summer for the grandkids to explain it all to me.
I could well be wrong again but my EL TA’s don’t use cell service. They Bluetooth to an app in my phone and that has the map on it. You can even use them without a phone but it requires you to range back to where you shot from I believe to triangulate you in. I haven’t used that before. I know I’ve used TA in places when my phone was on airplane mode though.

I ran the ZEISS for a year and ended up selling it. Felt like I couldn’t glass through them for more than 20 minutes without my eyes hurting. Loved everything else about them but I think the display in there was throwing my eye off. Bought the new EL range TA’s and they have the best glass of any rangefjndkng bino I’ve ever looked through (Leica, zeiss, vortex and the old EL’s). Not even a close comparison. Better than the non ranging older EL’s even.
I primarily just ran to them because of the ballistic solutions they could give me versus the swaros at the time. However my eyes are big time keyed in to Swaro glass. I got rid of mine a couple years ago when I got my hands on the NL 12s. Not sure I could ever go back to anything else. A lot of guys think not running range finding binos is a disadvantage but I’ve never had a problem with running binos and a range finder separately. I’ve never found range finding binos to be efficient for me when hand holding my binos which I do a lot when I’m running and gunning when it comes to hunting/guiding elk. Typically I don’t throw them on a tripod unless it’s mule deer/sheep.

A fraction of a few seconds going back and forth between a rangefinder and binos may be the difference between standing behind a whopper buck or watching him disappear over the horizon.

As I get older and smarter I’ve also found that I would rather keep things simple. I just don’t enjoy going back and forth between binos and a rangefinder. The Leica bino/rangefinder combo is a super easy solution for me! I can look through binos, range distance and have a shot on its way in a matter of a couple seconds!

I could well be wrong again but my EL TA’s don’t use cell service. They Bluetooth to an app in my phone and that has the map on it. You can even use them without a phone but it requires you to range back to where you shot from I believe to triangulate you in. I haven’t used that before. I know I’ve used TA in places when my phone was on airplane mode though.
I believe the only time you need the Bluetooth is if you wanted to make a change. Whatever bullet profile you downloaded is the one that will be used when you don’t have cell service Same as the Leica.

el range does not need cel service to upload a new ballistics profile or use the tracking assistant. Those are both done using Bluetooth. Also, it DOES adjust automatically/internally for air pressure, which is the whole point of reading the altitude. The tracking assistant is awesome. I have not "needed" it yet but have used it and can see where it could really come in handy in some situations! The only problem I have had with them is that the tracking assistant gets totally messed up if your last range was from inside the truck. Now before the MM attack squad tries to make fun of my road hunting skills....i had a busted leg last oct so everything I did was from inside the truck.

I have went back and fourth over the years on Rangefinding binos.... I dont think i will ever have them... I just would hate for the rangefinder to go out then have an extra heavy set of binos... I will just keep my Swaros and rangefinder in the pocket next to them. Im sure Utah will figure out some way to ban anything with internal calculation/ballistics soon....

I have the leica 3200.com. The leica glass is excellent as expected. It ranges to over 3000 without issue. It gives solutions to 1000 on a custom curve, via inputs in the app, and will give solutions to as far as it will range when paired to a kestrel with blue tooth.

I am not a big fan of the BT to kestrel connection but it's not horrible. The whole thing should just be integrated inside the bino and be done with the BS.

I have went back and fourth over the years on Rangefinding binos.... I dont think i will ever have them... I just would hate for the rangefinder to go out then have an extra heavy set of binos... I will just keep my Swaros and rangefinder in the pocket next to them. Im sure Utah will figure out some way to ban anything with internal calculation/ballistics soon....
Do you know anyone that's happened to?

Extra set of bino's? Carry an extra battery if you're worried about the rangefinder going out. I've used my Leica for years and never had a problem. But I'm sure it can happen.

I have Leica Rangefinding Binoculars in both 10 and 15 power. I have been very impressed with them and the range finders work great. Batteries are inexpensive and I just replace them every year and have never had a problem.
I am a big fan of Leica and believe they are hard to beat.

Received the New Leica Pro 10x. Been playing with them a little , the range shows up bright and clear. Glass looks awesome. Haven't messed with the ballistics or tracking yet. Next to my 15xs

1680647403430.jpeg
1680647403430.jpeg

el range does not need cel service to upload a new ballistics profile or use the tracking assistant. Those are both done using Bluetooth. Also, it DOES adjust automatically/internally for air pressure, which is the whole point of reading the altitude. The tracking assistant is awesome. I have not "needed" it yet but have used it and can see where it could really come in handy in some situations! The only problem I have had with them is that the tracking assistant gets totally messed up if your last range was from inside the truck. Now before the MM attack squad tries to make fun of my road hunting skills....i had a busted leg last oct so everything I did was from inside the truck.
The EL TA’s, as far as I can tell do not adjust internally for altitude, that has to be set in the dope and sent over. They do adjust for atmospheric pressure which is NOT the same as altitude in any way shape or form.

The EL TA’s, as far as I can tell do not adjust internally for altitude, that has to be set in the dope and sent over. They do adjust for atmospheric pressure which is NOT the same as altitude in any way shape or form.

click the link above. It explains the relationship between air pressure and altitude. here is the takeaway from the article...

"it is the barometric pressure that really matters, not simply the nominal altitude. The barometric pressure will indicate the reduced pressure from a higher altitude, but it will also show you the pressure changes as a front moves in, etc. which can play havoc w/ your calculated come-ups."

Last edited:

click the link above. It explains the relationship between air pressure and altitude. here is the takeaway from the article...

"it is the barometric pressure that really matters, not simply the nominal altitude. The barometric pressure will indicate the reduced pressure from a higher altitude, but it will also show you the pressure changes as a front moves in, etc. which can play havoc w/ your calculated come-ups."
Thank you! I learned something today!

I'm really trying to decide if I want the Zeiss RF Victory or the Swarovski EL Tracking. I've been very happy with my first gen EL Range binocs but I want to move up to a solver feature.

I've used the new Zeiss and I like them, but I'm a Swarovski fan so I might like them better if I could put my hands on some. opinions ?

Ziess has never looked as good to my eyes as Swarovski or licias but I’m pretty sure that’s just my eyes. I will say that both Swarovski and ziess put their range finder in the glass of the binoculars so they can’t use their top coatings/glass. Lieca has there’s external and allows them to use their best glass. That was the determining factor looking through all of them when I bought.

If Swarovski would take a set of pures and put a range finder in the hinge like lieca I’d be all done ever looking at binoculars

After having the Leica Pro's for a few months, I could not be more impressed. The Glass has exceeded my expectations. The Range Finder is quick and easy to read. I really like that I can adjust the brightness of the range display. The Bluetooth connects quickly to my phone. The Tracking is quick and easy.
I thought about taking it when I golf, the tracking should help recover most of my golf balls.

I ended up buying the Swarovski's. no question the optics are superior to the Zeiss, the laser does seem to be a little weaker but I can range anything under 1200 yards no problem and that's farther than I'm going to shoot.

Accuracy on the ballistic problem solver is fantastic, as the Zeiss is also. I shot from 400-1000 yards and it was right on. Ergonomics are the same as my old EL Range's and I'm fine with it.

It's pretty much a Ford -Chevy thing I think on the electronics. but the optics are not, even my friend with the Zeiss's had to agree. I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

I just bought a pair of the Leica 10x42 Pro after comparing all of them at the Salt Lake City show this year. Still figuring out the mapping feature using Basemaps app, but the Glass is a lot better than my 20 year old Swaro SLCs I upgraded from. I drew a mountain goat tag in Montana this year and need every advantage!

I just bought a pair of the Leica 10x42 Pro after comparing all of them at the Salt Lake City show this year. Still figuring out the mapping feature using Basemaps app, but the Glass is a lot better than my 20 year old Swaro SLCs I upgraded from. I drew a mountain goat tag in Montana this year and need every advantage!

Best of luck on filling that tag !

I've got Cabela's bucks burning a hole in my pocket, a duct-taped rangefinder, a pair bionocs with the hooks broken so I can't strap them to my chest, and two western hunting trips this fall. Hmmm.

Good reads on here as I was looking to post a "any recommendations" thread on the Meopta and Leica.

I didn't see any comments above about the Sig 3000. Anyone have those and/or comments about them? I'm probably overanalyzing, but I don't want to pay twice. :):)

I've got Cabela's bucks burning a hole in my pocket, a duct-taped rangefinder, a pair bionocs with the hooks broken so I can't strap them to my chest, and two western hunting trips this fall. Hmmm.

Good reads on here as I was looking to post a "any recommendations" thread on the Meopta and Leica.

I didn't see any comments above about the Sig 3000. Anyone have those and/or comments about them? I'm probably overanalyzing, but I don't want to pay twice. :):)
If your not wanting to pay twice.... Go look through Swaro, Leica and Zeiss..... Then buy the one you like the most.

I have been nothing but impressed with Leica Pros. The Glass exceeded my expectations. I haven't felt the need to grab my Swaros at all. The Range Finder is quick and easy. I haven't spent much time with the ballistics yet, but the App. is easy to navigate.

Hopefully this this thread/question will get some notice, but my current rangefinders are much darker than my binocs. How does the brightness of the RF binocs mentioned on here compare to the standard binocs?

Full disclosure, I'm comparing the 15 year old entry level Simmons RF to a 15 year old $200 pair of Nikon binocs. Either way, I think the above RF Binocs will be a big step up, just curious if there is a drop in brightness.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom