Rangefinders?

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I am in the market for a new rangefinder. Do you prefer a 600 yard rangefinder or one that ranges out to 1000 yards? Are the newer rangefinders pretty accurate and can you even hold on an animal much past 350 anyway...or are you just ranging the ground closest to your target anyway? I have always had good luck with Leupold and Vortex so that is prob what I will buy. Thanks for any advice......

Steve

I do not know what is the best rangefinder, but I’ve used the G-7 since they first came out maybe 10 years old and it works great.

Always get one that is rated for farther than you want to range. If you get a 600, it won't range to 600 unless it's a huge object your ranging off of. That's my experience with the Bushnell, Nikon, Leupold types. The higher end ones might be better. I have a Nikon 1000 or 1200, don't remember, but I can usually only range out to about 600 yds. It has the automatic angle compensation which is a must.

My last 2 leupolds performance has been less than I would expect for Leupold product. I ended up using my buddies sig last year because mine failed to read.

If you have the money go Leica or Swarovski bino/rangefinders, but best bang for the buck is definitely the Sig Sauer Kilo rangefinder. I have the 2200 and love it, but the 2400 would be sweet as well. Lightning fast and accurate all the way out to long range.
Don't buy a Vortex - I had one for one season and wanted to crush it with a hammer. It is so slow getting a range requiring 3 clicks.

Sigs are awesome. I’ve been using a Nikon black 4K and it’s been awesome. I have no problem ranging deer out to 1750+ yards and have ranged a metal sign at 3800 yards with it.

You can’t have to many get one of each. Love my Leica Geovids. They are always around my neck. The Gseven is a awesome ballistic calculator. I also have a Sig just don’t have the blue tooth scope yet. It could be fun but only goes out to 800 yards or so for calculated estimates to your scope. Gseven goes out to 1400 yards. The Gseven BR2 goes out to 2500 yards. How’s that wizz?

I have a ranger 1300 vortex it’s pretty nice I bought it thinking I could range out to 1000 but I’ve ranged objects out 1450 yards. The sigs are real nice as well can’t go wrong with either of them. I’m not really a vortex fan I have Swarovski binos and btx so I’m not a homer for vortex it works really well.

Sig suer 2400 its the $hit one click all the way out!

I just picked one of these up...give me two weeks and I will have a review for you...Over powered for the whitetail woods here but I was getting frustrated not being able to range consistently past 450-500yds with my others...not that I shoot that far but I do like knowing how much ground to cover.

Just bought the sig 1800 and absolutely love it. Ranges farther than I would shoot which I like cause it lets me know how much closer I need to get.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom