Rattle snake

JPblind

A lot of chat about snake boots and gaiters lately. What are your thoughts of cooking these snakes when shot. I myself only grill or smoke wildgame. The method I use is to coil the snake and stick it with a cabob stick so I can soak it bbq sauce. I've also cut it in sections and let it simmer for awhile but this method made about 100 fish (snake) bones to sift through. Thoughts or resipes.

Just soak mine in Kraft zesty Italian dressing and white wine overnight. Then bbq the next night with a spaghetti dinner.

Just soak mine in Kraft zesty Italian dressing and white wine overnight. Then bbq the next night with a spaghetti dinner.
Does it have a sweet taste to it with final product? I tried to soak some in buttermilk and they had a bitter taste.

Cooked a few, and just never got attached to them. A lot of work for the little bit of meat. They say they carry salmonella, so recommended temp is 160 degrees. That tends to dry them out. It's about as tough as well done chicken or pork, and kinda tastes the same since I've only grilled them on foil in my BBQ with sauce. My friend in PA likes them, but the season limit is one. That would be enough for me anyway!!!

I tried rattlesnake in a Brazilian grill in south Texas. I thought it was edible. Preferred alligator and rabbit

Some things creep me out, some don’t. I don’t eat things that creep me out.

Snakes creep me out, gators, octopus, and squid don’t. Dogs and cats don’t creep me out but I make exceptions all the time, I don’t eat them either.

Now that I think about it elk never have creeped me out…. and I don’t eat elk either.

Some things creep me out, some don’t. I don’t eat things that creep me out.

Snakes creep me out, gators, octopus, and squid don’t. Dogs and cats don’t creep me out but I make exceptions all the time, I don’t eat them either.

Now that I think about it elk never have creeped me out…. and I don’t eat elk either.
I really like Elk! Especially if I was the one who butchered it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom