Re barreling a rifle

DUKHTN

Can anyone recommend a gunsmith to re-barrel a rifle. Have a 50 year old Browning bolt action (Belgium) in .270, doesn't need to be local, willing to ship. Thanks.

I'm not sure the Belgium built guns were called BBR?.....what is it chambered in and why do you want a new barrel?....I hate seeing "old" classics tampered with...

Thanks for the replies. Don’t care about the value, I will never get rid of it. It’s had a lot of ammo through it over the many years and just looking to be more accurate. I appears to have lost its accuracy a bit, but still shoots well.

At 50 years old, it would have to be an FN actioned Browning, is my guess. Probably the Browning Safari.
Does it have a long external extractor, like a Mauser?
Certainly worth a re-barrel job IMHO.

Any action pics to share?

Zeke

Brownells used to sell Shilen match grade barrels for a reasonable price. If your rifle is a FN mauser action, the barrel will be pre-threaded for your action. Just screw it in, headspace and re-blue the rifle. Can save you machine time cost with a gunsmith. I have used this barrel on numerous Mark X Mauser actions and got great accuracy of 3/4 inch or less at 100 yards on 3 shot groups.
RELH

Good suggestions have been tendered but it looks like DUKHTN is busy at work or something. (I know I SHOULD be but I'm on MM instead:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

Zeke

DUKHTN is still working or duck hunting or doesn't want to play with us any more.

I think Tikka scared him off when he asked "Where are you located?". LOL ;) :ROFLMAO:

I guess we will never know what rifle he actually has.

Zeke

DUKHTN is still working or duck hunting or doesn't want to play with us any more.

I think Tikka scared him off when he asked "Where are you located?". LOL ;) :ROFLMAO:

I guess we will never know what rifle he actually has.

Zeke
I think you're right...:LOL:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom