re oregon mule deer problem

jvgunner

re oregon mule deer problem

to many lions, to many anti's, to many crooked gov employees. the state just passed a lame law allowing the use of hounds to hunt cougers, but it is only for the government employed bounty hunters, which is going to cost over 1 million a year to keep lions in check, the population now is around 5600 cats and the state wants it to be around 3000 cats. so instead of the state allowing the public to take care of the problem by allowing the public to use hounds again, they are going to spend our hard working tax dollars on this instead of making money they are just spending it in a state that is running out of money, the schools are barley staying open if not falling down, the timber money is running out & now you gov wants to sell you blm & n.f. lands to subsidise there ignorance. we are a dying breed and if we do not unite soon we will not have any where to hunt,hike,fish,boat,camp, and then we will all be considered poachers.

RE: re oregon mule deer problem

Yup thats our ODFW for you. I thooght I was the only person thinking that this is really stupid to throw $$ to something that they could make money on. the other big problem is that the bears are eating the elk calves too.
Now the antis want to out law cat huntining entirely.

Due to the statewide ban on using hounds for bear and cougar hunting, the ODFW doesn't have the legal authority to allow us to use hounds. Its as simple as that. They are doing the only thing they can do to control the cougar population. Is it wasteful and stupid, YES, but its just about the only legal option. I've got issues with the ODFW myself, but on the cougar situation, blame the bunny huggers of Portland that passed the ban on hound hunting cougars in the first place.

Richocet is right, they could do nothing but instead they are doing the only LEGAL option that they have right now which is better than nothing. If you haven't noticed the antis are already running a campaign against ODFW to stop cougar hunting by ODFW. ODFW management practices are not in line with what I would want them to be, however in this case it is the right thing to do. Until hunters unite the liberals in Oregon will run the state.

sounds like the anti's in california are moving up to oregon

This growing trend of managing wildlife with politics and emotion is not good. Not only do hunters loose recreational opportunity and miss out on some great meat, but our deer herds suffer big time. Why? I would think people would like to watch wildlife. You sure don't see many lions to photograph. All so the arrogent anti's can stop humans from participating in an activity that we have done for thousands of years.
----------------------------------------
Measure wealth by the things you have,, for which you would not take money.

Deerhuntsalot! YOU ARE DEAD WRONG! They are breeding like rabbits here. You can not convince me that a single anti has left Kali in the last 20 years. I do know that they are constantly indoctrinating more kids every school year. Even in the community I live in which is very rural, new liberal teachers show up every year with their ideology and PUSH it upon our children. While we are out earning an honest living, our children are getting brainwashed.

2 of the last 3 years I've taken my son out of school for a long week to go elk hunting. each time I get his homework a few days before we leave. When I get his work, you wouldn't believe some of the comments I receive. Everything from "Can I go with you guys," to, "How could you possibly take **** out of school to go kill some defenseless animal." I've noticed that after elk season. some of his grades go up and some go down. Bet you can't guess the pattern.

just curious...is whacking a lion in oregon or kalifornicated considered poaching?

Oregon has OTC cougar tags, $11.50 for res, 151.50 for non-res. The general season runs from Aug. 1 to May 31. Tags for any given year must be purchased before the start of general deer season. There are also additional eastern tags available and some extended season areas open Jan.1 to Dec. 31. IMO they should give a free cougar tag with every hunting license.

Being in Eugene now and at one of the schools it is not the Liberals in Portland that beat us out of cougars. My god if people only had a clue. They used propoganda they used a better advertising campaign and kicked the hell out of OHA, SCI, MDF, RMEF and a few others on fund raising. The head of Predator Defense has just made a statement that in 5 years they put a petition on the ballot to completely outlaw the hunting of cougars.

I am fortunate enough to have a great friend who is a professor who works with these fools there are ways to beat them. But it is gonna have to be sneaky. I have alot of friends who are Political advisor majors and lets just say. They are willing to help. The guy who got the whole cougar thing rolling is a fruit and the professor has finally saw it so he asked me. I have been honest with him and me and him are working on some things on how to beat them. OHA is a great ORG. but they all put it in the wrong terms. To hear these 2 orgs talk is funny as hell. I am just hoping that the ideas that are brewing via a conservative and a liberal Poli sci teacher can work.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom