Re: Preferrence Points

JimmyA

Money is a little tight this year. May not buy points for deer and elk in Utah because I also need to buy a license along with the point fees.

Anyone happen to know if I would maintain my current points if I skip buying them this year? Or how many years I can go without buying them before I lose what I have already bought?

Thanks for the help.

Money is a little tight this year. May not buy points for deer and elk in Utah because I also need to buy a license along with the point fees.

Anyone happen to know if I would maintain my current points if I skip buying them this year? Or how many years I can go without buying them before I lose what I have already bought?

Thanks for the help.
Forgot to mention I am a non-resident.

Your point status will not change by skipping a year, other than not gaining another.

On another note, as a NR, I would sell my points in a heartbeat if I could...

Something to think about. 12/13 years ago they allowed non residents to start applying for all species. When you look at the point pool for each species there is a log jam at that number. Look at antelope for example. There is only 150ish NR with 13 or more points and 1400 with 12. When NR could only apply for one deer/elk/antelope and one OIL not many NR chose antelope. If you are at that number or above you really don't want to skip a year. You will never get enough points for the top units but you could take a huge step backwards for more attainable units if you get behind that group

Used to be if you timed the purchase of your hunting license right you could use it two years to get points. Just need a valid upon applying. It worked this year for me to apply for expo tags. Used the one I bought last year..
This is still true, if you bought your license now and put in you would be good for next year as long as you didn't wait till the end of the application process again. Something to think about anyway.

Stemming off of this subject can you purchase points without a license after the application process has closed ?

Thanks for the help.
Let me know if you need some help with the $ for the points. I will help you out if you’re buying your license. I believe deadline is tomorrow.

Thanks for the help.
Thanks to everyone for the responses

Thanks for the offer MIG

I get two years of applications on my nonresident license
I was thinking state’s get fed money for every hunting license they sell

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom