Reading AZ 2021 Draw Reports Question

Joe2Kool

Very Active Member
Trying to figure out the new for 2021 AZ draw reports. How many points did it take to draw 3131 for a res? NR?

Below is the report I found online, but it doesn't categorize it by bonus points. If someone could point me to the right place, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

EDIT: I found another report, but it doesn't show just the Bonus Pass.

Capture2.JPG

Last edited:
Bonus pass report is for the bonus pass. Your link is correct for the Bonus Pass. The Elk Draw report is for all 3 draws; Bonus Pass, 1-2 Pass, and the 3rd Pass.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Trying to figure out the new for 2021 AZ draw reports. How many points did it take to draw 3131 for a res? NR?

Below is the report I found online, but it doesn't categorize it by bonus points. If someone could point me to the right place, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

EDIT: I found another report, but it doesn't show just the Bonus Pass.

But to answer your question its about 19. Most guys with 19 drew. Anyone with 19 that put it 1st choice drew and 2 of 5 that did 2nd choice drew it. So I guess technically "guaranteed" is 20.

I'd call Amber and ask her. I drew one of those "how the f did that happen" in 2013 and she hunted it down for me.

But to answer your question its about 19. Most guys with 19 drew. Anyone with 19 that put it 1st choice drew and 2 of 5 that did 2nd choice drew it. So I guess technically "guaranteed" is 20.
I don't think there is any preference in AZ specific to whether it's your first or second choice. In theory all the tags at a certain point level could actually go to folks who listed it as a second choice (I believe). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct. There's a lot of variables to it depending on what those guys put as their first choice. Some of those guys that have it as their second choice drew their first choice before they had a chance at their second choice and then some of those guys automatically drew it as their second choice before they had a chance at their first choice. So I guess as you said there really isn't any way to know for sure which of those people drew.

Any idea how a NR gets a bonus pass tag with 12 points when hundreds of others with more points than 12 didn't get a tag?

I seem to remember a post about that. Something about a re-issue? Maybe a tag that was a Bonus round tag that got turned in? Don't hold me to that, but that's what my memory says.

I studied the report some more and 19/20 is what I came up with also. Interesting to note some lucky hunter drew that tag with 2 points!!

I've got 8, and it's my 1st choice (early archery, 1/2b/2c). If I counted correctly, 7 of the 27 NR tags went to fewer points, so I at least have a chance.

My second choice is Unit 8, early archery/code 3144. I think 13 points was the magic number for that last year.

Thanks guys! Fingers crossed!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom