Real??? Photoshopped??? What'dya Think???

backinthegame

I pulled this photo off another online forum...naturally there's a debate raging as to whether or not the pic is legit.

A trail cam photo at the "moment of truth."

Take a look and weigh in!!!

cuddeback_08.jpg

Definate photoshop job. It almost looks like a double exposure. You can see the trees through the bucks back.

That is totally photoshopped. Unless the deer is ghost and you can see right through him. You can see the trees through his body.

Enjoy the moment and relive the memories.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-13-08 AT 01:52PM (MST)[p]Looks like the consensus here is Photoshop.

The guy (actually a 15-year old kid, it's his first deer) says that the "see through" effect is kind of a "double exposure" due to the deer moving so quickly and the shutter speed not being quick enough to capture it.

I dunno...I have seen pics from trail cameras that resemble this effect.

Don't think that it's photoshopped. The 'see-through' effect on the edge of the deer is due to the deer jumping and the shutter being slow enough to capture some of the deer's upward movement. I fiddle with photoshop on a regular basis and either it's very good photoshop work (which I doubt) or it's real.

I have got a couple trail cam pictures over the years of animals moving casuing the ghost effect, i will try and find some. Not saying this is real or not but thats not enough for me to rule it out.

>Here is one i cant explain
>it but it does happen
>with trail cams.
>
>
DSC00758.jpg

HOLY CRAP THAT IS A STRANGE LOOKING PIC...... NOW I'M NOT SURE ABOUT THE OTHER PIC. COULD BE REAL.

A Peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct. Whatever his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience, rather than that of onlookers. It is difficult to exaggerate the importance of this fact.- Aldo Leopold.

That has to be the ghost of a bull killed previously coming back to use his wallow again? LOL...
That is really strange how that works..
Kind of a cool photo, but kind of eerie also..

This is usually the effect I see if they are moving fast. You might see through them, but they are very blurry.

48f3ec0719a90f70.jpg

If the shutter opened a split second before the deer reached the top of its jump and then the flash went off freezing the deer in mid air it might be possible to get the effect of seeing through the deer. I'm not sure but I think it might be real.

Dont know either way but I hope its real because that is too cool. One in a billion thats for sure

Jordan

I do a lot with Photoshop and a lot of photographing. Took several college courses on each while in school.

The ghost effect is not hard to do. If you have a camera with an manual/adjustable exposure and a flash you can do it yourself right now. Set the exposure for two seconds and turn the flash on. Move out of the way after the flash and you'll create this ghost effect.

If it was photoshopped it was a great job. I do not believe that it was a photoshop job. Not saying it's not possible, but I think it's legit.

that is so Photoshopedits not even funny look @ the blood splatter. Arrows don't splatter blood like that not on impact anyway.

son

I'm saying its real. OK heres my reasoning. So how do we know this is the actual impact this deer could have bounded into the frame thus giving the us the blood splatter. You say it was from a 15 year old of so I'm guessing he is shooting a low poundage bow and this would explain why the arrow didnt go all the way through.

Do we have any more info?

There's also another deer in the left of the photo.I don't know if it's photoshopped or not but it is good.

I don't really have any other info there CO...like I said I pulled the photo off another forum.

Apparently the kid checked his trail cam a day or two after he killed this buck and the picture was there. There are pictures of him with the buck dead on the other forum as well.

Could be photoshopped but I call real. I'm a photographer by trade and use photoshop everyday. A slow shutter speed will "burn" the image into the chip while the flash freezes anything that is moving. If there was no flash then the deer would be motion blurred(see post 14). If it was just flash, the deer would look the same but the background would be black. See how you can only see through the deer at the tops of his body, thats because he is jumping up into an area that has already been burned into the chip. This technique is called dragging the shutter or Rear-curtain sync. Either way, cool shot.

I vote real. This is a moment after the shot. Arrows do cause that type of blood spatter and as has been mentioned, the trees burned into the pic as the deer was jumping up. Very cool pic!

Chad

ARROW - you just proved my theory. There really are ghost bulls and bucks out there. I thought it was just me being a chitty sneaker but now I know....they were standing there all the time, I just couldn't see them!:D

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

Can somebody post the original thread that this was posted on. I would like to see what the kid had to say.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom