REALLY. Wow?

wannahunt

Long time listener,first time caller. I'm just dumbfounded and lookin for opinions. I've been hunting this same stand and water for 8 years without seeing another hunter,last year someone found it. They put in salt blocks,and cameras. I put my camera up with my name and phone number,and call me. I didn't want to screw him up if he had a Le tag. I never heard from him, I didn't hunt. This year I went in to set up for my son to hunt it, and he has put two stands ON TOP of mine, he actually left his harness tied to my tree line. I'm just amazed at the ignorance of some people. I left the area undisturbed. For now.
2563dsc_0007.jpg

it is public land

Maybe he thought you are a midget? That's pretty lame. You oughtta hang another one just above his.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Maybe You all can sit in the same Tree?:D

I've got a STIHL 066 MAGNUM!

You wanna borrow it?

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Last time I left a note asking someone to call so we wouldn't be hunting the same days, my camera was damaged and a note was left that cursed and threatened. I think you did the right thing to leave a note, but you should have hunted it last year. You have has much right to be there as he does. If he is there first that day, move on. No one owns a 'spot'.

Good luck

I would leave a note detailing that your note last year was to make sure you did not mess up his hunt, and he never contacted you. I would also detail the reason you did not hunt it last year was because he did not contact you and you were worried about messing up his LE hunt. I then would explain that you plan on hunting this area this year and would like to discuss days this hunter plans on going in vs. yours to not mess up each others hunting. If he does not call you I would simply plan on hunting it as you did, but with a plan B. Obviously don't be a D Bag like he has but hell maybe he was under the impression that your note last year was to kick him off the mountain. Worst case the guy doesn't talk to you and you run into him in the hills. I know that could get ugly but as long as you stay level headed it should work out fine. I have found most people out and about are pretty easy to deal with, then once in awhile you run into a complete A hole, just don't let someone being a A hole ruin everything for you. I bet the note will get things settled as long as its written nicely because it will show you are not wanting to run him off or mess up his chances.

?If men were angels, no government would be
necessary.? John Adams

LAST EDITED ON Aug-03-14 AT 05:20PM (MST)[p]I had to look again!

Ain't that F'N Cool?

Maybe get another one set just above his!:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Looks like there is more room in the tree for a couple more stands...

Goes back to being an ethical person. Most people will work with you. Maybe you can work together...try another note and then just make sure you are in your stand well before light.

Tell you what if that was my stand I'd be pissed! people who do that crap have the takeover attitude. You have two options, walk away or call the person out on their bull crap. Generally when somebody pulls a ##### move like that, calling them out or messing with their stuff will usually end badly. I had the same exact thing happen to me. It almost turned into a fistfight. The guy eventually backed down and took his stand out..... Then a week later came back for mine and left a pleasant two worded note. I'll give you a hint as to what it said, the first word started with an F and the second word was you. Lesson learned. Sometimes it's just not worth it.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you
down to their level and beat you with experience."

>Maybe You all can sit in
>the same Tree?:D
>
>I've got a STIHL 066 MAGNUM!
>
>
>You wanna borrow it?

7007image.jpg

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you
down to their level and beat you with experience."

Could put up a Sign:

"STICKFLIPPERS HOTEL"!:D

"Wanna Sit with Me"?

"Rent a TreeStand"!

Very stupid, hunters like that need go find a new past time. I've had people mess with my cameras before but never a stand like that. Now with my cameras I set up two cameras in the same spot in the areas where people have damaged or stolen cameras from me in the past. It's a little overkill I know, but if anyone every messes with one of my cameras I should get a picture of him on the other one. Of course there's always the chance that they could take or break both of them but that hasn't happened yet.

Ya Believe me I have considered all those options. I'm really bummed.It was a place me and my boys spent alot of time,and i could sit in a stand from daylight to dark,I don't think I would have the patience knowing some jackass might come wandering in. I was actually gonna set up my 14 year olds first elk hunt. He was in there with me at age 7 with bulls screamin all around. (YA,YA I KNOW "PUBLIC LAND" AND I'M WHINING) I have hundreds of cool pics from there. I think I will just get a case of clay pigeons instead and go up there on Aug 16 and start warmin up for the waterfowl season.
4398wgi_4793.jpg
6061sunp0010.jpg

4147wgi_0665.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-04-14 AT 10:27PM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos2/4688wgi_0314.jpghttp://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos2/8403wgi_0665.jpg photos won't load

Post the gps location of the stand on M and M. Let the whole world know where it is..... Nothing like a parade on opening day

I probably would have cut the tree down as well.

Ya that's BS! Not like that's the only tree on the mountain. It would be pretty funny to post the gps cords. And have a party

Nothin a Stihl 066 & a Cordless SAWZALL with a Metal Blade wouldn't Fix!

I'd still like a Pic with StickFlippers Stacked 2 or 3 High in the same Tree!:D:D:D

I'd be whining too if that happened to me!

Some people just need their ass kicked!
Bess, go take care of that for him! You know, the "tune-up" thing! LOL

I really don't know how I'd handle the situation but hunting is too important for me to spend the whole time fretting about something. Handle it man to man or move on, I guess.

Zeke

Seems like two wrongs don't make a right. The dude hanging stands on top of stands is wrong and so is the guy who leaves his stand up all year. Both types of people ruin it for everyone. Some think that hanging a stand reserves their spot on the hill. Not saying the original guy is that way, but we see that attitude every year. Also sucks to see permanent stands killing the trees they are placed in.

To me it really doesn't matter to me who hangs his stand in a tree first(weeks before the season) hell I have done several times myself, WHAT does matter is the hunter who gets to that spot first on opening day, To me that makes them the group or hunters to hunt that area WITHOUT some other come late/sleep in Jack wagon pissing on their hunt by hunting around that area. I would show this photo to everyone Hunting in that area so they too can see what a a$$ he is.

I would put another stand farther down one of trails they are using to come into this spot. You know you was looking for a spot when you found this one and you will be looking for a spot when you find the next good one.
If none of this works make sure he swings first. Then pop open a big can of Whoop-ass and hope he doesn't have a bigger can opener.
Good Luck

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I can't even respond to that. Unfricking believable! These are the idiots that made if so hunters have to take the dedicated online course and archery ethics course. Thanks aholes! Situation like this is bound to end bad for the good guy cause the idiot don't care. Somebody needs to throw that dude a blanket party!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-12-14 AT 03:46PM (MST)[p]If I was in your shoes I would have a easy solution to this problem. Take your stand out of the tree, but prior to leaving go up to his stand and take a big #2 on the seat of his tree stand and then cross your fingers he gets up there before sunrise opening morning and sits in it.

You F'N STICKFLIPPERS are Hilarious............... Once in a Damn Great while!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom