Reasonable Accommodation Permit?

brix5400

Anyone here ever apply for a reasonable accommodation permit with game and fish? I had a sxs accident about two weeks ago and broke 3 metacarpals and 3 fingers on my left hand. Had surgery last week but there is no way I will be able to shoot my vertical bow for my first archery elk hunt in 34. I have a letter from my doc stating that I will not be able to use a regular bow and will need crossbow accommodation. Will this suffice or should I submit copy’s of my x-rays and medical paperwork as well? Just trying to make this as smooth as possible.
Thanks for your help.
Eric

Anyone here ever apply for a reasonable accommodation permit with game and fish? I had a sxs accident about two weeks ago and broke 3 metacarpals and 3 fingers on my left hand. Had surgery last week but there is no way I will be able to shoot my vertical bow for my first archery elk hunt in 34. I have a letter from my doc stating that I will not be able to use a regular bow and will need crossbow accommodation. Will this suffice or should I submit copy’s of my x-rays and medical paperwork as well? Just trying to make this as smooth as possible.
Thanks for your help.
Eric
To my knowledge, NM has mobility impaired but no reasonable accommodation. You can apply for your mobility impaired card and that will allow you to legally use a cross bow during archery season. Look up mobility impaired on the NMDGF website.

To my knowledge, NM has mobility impaired but no reasonable accommodation. You can apply for your mobility impaired card and that will allow you to legally use a cross bow during archery season. Look up mobility impaired on the NMDGF website.
I have called game and fish twice. The first person directed me to the mobility impaired form but it seemed to be geared more towards permanent disability so I called again and the next person sent me a reasonable accommodation request form. I will call again in the morning for further clarification before I submit it tomorrow.

C2FCBCA3-C37B-4C3B-808F-024443AE6885.png

Learn something new every day! I have never heard of this. I had rotator cuff surgery last year and got my mobility impaired card so I could use a cross bow for archery elk. Reasonable accommodation wasn't even an option for me last year.

Learn something new every day! I have never heard of this. I had rotator cuff surgery last year and got my mobility impaired card so I could use a cross bow for archery elk. Reasonable accommodation wasn't even an option for me last year.
It’s all new to me as well! Just want to get it right the first time since I am only about 45 days out. Did you just submit a letter from your doc or your medical record as well?

It’s all new to me as well! Just want to get it right the first time since I am only about 45 days out. Did you just submit a letter from your doc or your medical record as well?
just a letter from my doctor. walked in, filled out the form, gave them the letter and 15 minutes later I walked out with my MI card.

I got a reasonable accommodations permit last year due to a dislocated shoulder injury. It was pretty simple. I believe the gentleman's name I dealt with to get the permit is Lyle Kuck.

I got a reasonable accommodations permit last year due to a dislocated shoulder injury. It was pretty simple. I believe the gentleman's name I dealt with to get the permit is Lyle Kuck.
Awesome thank you! I’ll submit mine today and hopefully it goes smooth.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom