Reasonable NM cow elk hunt

muleymaddness

Very Active Member
Anyone know of some good outfits to look into for a cow hunt in New Mexico? I'm looking for my brother, Dad and I and I'd prefer a pretty reasonably priced one as I will probably pick up the tab for all of us. Any ideas? I was thinking of applying for the cow hunt on the Mescalero, but I don't know.

assuming non-resident? If so you can draw a unit 2 tag especially in the outfitter pool. Few people want cow tags. You can check out www.sjroutfitters.com as far as prices very reasonable if you wanted an outfitted hunt. Plus would get to see some decent muleys on the trip. Dec hunt. Have gone pretty much 100% on that hunt and usually done the 1st day.

Isn't that reservation hunt pretty high $ even for cow?

Take a kid hunting. You will enjoy it more than they will!

If you don't want to pay an outfitter you can by landowner cow authorizations for $300-$500 pretty easy. Call the G&F office in the area you want to hunt and they might be able to give you the contact info for a landowner trying to sell cow tags.

bought a LO cow tag last year for my daughter in 34. $400

$750 for res including tag seems like a pretty good deal.
I'm sure the sucess rate on res cow is close to 100%.

Contact "OSO" here on Monstermuleys. I believe he could fix you right up on Vermejo Park. It cost us $300 a piece last year and we did feel our tags rather easily. We saw 300-400 elk on our hunt.

Hell with Ted Turner, I'd rather not hunt then to pay a guy that has tried to buy the entire state. Tree huggin "A" hole.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom