Recipes

leftturnabq

Maybe I'm missing it (I mostly read the NM forum and check out the pics section) but this site needs a "game recipes forum" for people to share more than their antler pics. What is everyone's favorite venison recipe?

I love breaded backstrap (who doesn't), but I also love mule deer fajitas. Something about the gamier taste of deer is complimented well with red bell peppers and onion.

VENISON FAJITAS

1 lb. venison (thinly sliced for tougher meat)
1 onion sliced
2 red bell peppers (or mix colors...I prefer sweeter taste of the red ones)

Olive oil, garlic, pepper, and salt.

Roast bell peppers in oven or over grille to soften. Add olive oil to satee pan, and carmelize onion. Add minced garlic and venison, then sliced peppers and stir fry to preferred doneness. Add some jlapeno if you like spice.

Serve with flour tortillas (you're on your own with that recipe) and garnish with cheddar or cheddar-jack cheese, salsa, and maybe some sour cream.

Left,That is a great idea. Best I've heard in awhile on here. But you should post this on General Forum will be seen more.

Joe E Sikora

Left..

I do the same as you but I use wok over firepit! taste way better with beer!! and homemade tortillas!!

vinihunt

LAST EDITED ON Apr-09-08 AT 03:10PM (MST)[p]Now I know what happened to that "Found a pup" thread in the Campfire forum... ok which one of you guys posted this pic???

47fd3034419a22c7.jpg

I've been trying something you might want to
try yourself, I take backstrap, cut it about an
inch or a hair thicker. Take "blackening" seasoning......
remember when that was so popular years ago, especially on
fish.....and I coat both sides with the seasoning. Get a
cast iron skillet and put it on the stove top and heat it
'til it's smokeing. Lay your BS steaks in there and let them
cook 5 or so minutes on each side.

Lawdy'its good. You need to not mind eating venison
fairly rare, but if you dont mind, It's GREAT.

fyi

Larry

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom