Recommended Sheep Hunting Guides in the Frank

baerman

I'm interested in going guided in the Frank for a big horn sheep. With application season among us, I'm looking for recommendations on guides to use and those that I should stay away from. I"m interested in the full experience of a fly-in, horseback, backpack...whatever comes my way. I'm not too concerned about a specfic unit outside of I'd like a fair opportunity at a medium to large ram. Not looking to settle on a 150's ram. I'd appreciate guidance from those who have done this!
Thanks!

i like the optimism here . im guessing its the wilderness tag with like the 20% draw odds your looking at. if you do draw a 150's ram would be a good one.

I had a Church NR sheep tag back in 2004. At the time it was unit 20A, which I think is 21 or 21A now. The story is posted on here. If you draw happy to tell you what I learned. No idea on outfitters.

JB48 what page number is your 2004 hunt on?
For some reason I can't find my original post. I will keep looking. I did find my story in a thread by smokepolejohnson March 7, 2007. The title to the thread is: Idaho sheep Outfitter guide?'s

I know I posted the story on here in 2004. After posting the story, I got a call from Chris Denham. He picked up my story and it was published in the Western Hunter, volume 6 Issue 2. However between my lack of computer skills and memory, who knows. JB

Good grief guys, just looking to know which guides to look into. This will help me in deciding which unit to apply for. Yes, I realize the odds are way long. Not asking for a guaranteed kill or a booner. I've never hunted guided and thought this would or could be a great hunt to go guided on. So forgive me for not knowing anything about guides or guided hunts but I do know nothing is guaranteed.

It's strictly my observation that there are certain guides for certain units. I'd love to learn more about which guides you specifically have had good or bad experience with.

Just google "Frank Church Bighorn Sheep Guide." There aren't many companies that guide sheep there. Call them, talk to them about whichever unit(s) they guide, and go from there.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom