Record Buck

eldorado

Long Time Member
This magnificent buck was taken in 2013 by Brian Dallons in Nevada County, Ca. The impressive rack grossed a whopping 207 4/8" as a typical and 229 1/8" as a NT. It is the largest blacktail ever taken in the state.

1691scan.jpg

Nevada County is EAST of I-5 so it is considered a Muley not a Blacktail or that is what I last heard on the species of deer here in CA. ZIGGER or any other B&C measurer should know the answer to this question.

No question though that is one nice BUCK anyway.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

+1 Kilowatt east of I-5 doesn't count for true blacktail. Now mule deer, absolutely. He's a giant mule deer and most will never take anything close to his size. Assuming one of the C zones or D?

There's a big difference between a "Coastal A Zone Blacktail" and where that brusier came from. Hell there's a big difference from where I live in Philo and just 30 miles east.

Mr Dallon passed away in a car accident in dec just outside of grass valley last year,I had heard about the accident and see the scarred tree every couple days as I drive by.
I didn't know it was him till last night when another friend told me.

Nice buck , but if it was taken East of I 5 its consider a cross breed buck for there are Muledeer on that side as well so not a Blacktail. None the less it is a nice buck !

Years ago everyone who killed a big deer in California tried to make it a blacktail. B&C offers DNA testing now that eliminates all doubt. Many a "blacktail" have been proven otherwise by this advancement in technology, and suddenly, like magic, the number of giant "blacktail" plummeted when science could prove men at best disingenuous, at worst liars.

That is consider a "inland Blacktail"..actually has mules genes and biologist told me its a hybrid..
Stud for sure..

A friend lives in Nevada City, she has some absolute brutes on her property. That area holds some great bucks, as said above residential bucks.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom