Reduced Doe/Fawn Antelope

shedneck

If you apply for two reduced price doe/fawn antelope tags, I have to believe that you would only get one of those (assuming demand is not greater than supply, of course) unless there are enough tags left after everyone who applied gets one, but I can't find that in the regs. For example, I applied for a full price any antelope tag and two reduced price tags, but last year there were more applicants for the reduced price tags than there were tags, so it would seem odd if you draw one you get two even if some applicants didn't even draw one. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I have applied for reduced price doe fawn tags before, and have won two of them, even when there are a lot of applicants. I believe if your app is drawn, you get what you wrote down.

Good question. I think I know the answer. A person can apply for two doe antelope licenses in a couple of ways. Either apply for two licenses on one application, or apply for two licenses on two separate applications. If you apply for two licenses on one application, then if you are drawn, you get two licenses. I know it really doesn't seem fair, that one person can get two when others who apply get none. But I assume it's set up that way just because some people may not want to make the drive to Wyoming if they only have one doe tag.

I think Bob D. has it incorrect here. It is my understanding that they are unique applications even though they are on the same page when you apply. Each application goes through the system and the results are not related to the other application.. If there were more applicants than tags, you could draw 0, 1 or 2 tags easily. The reason I think that is that way is because you can apply for different units on those applications and are not forced to apply for the same units.

They could make a system where no one would draw a 2nd tag in the same unit before everyone else got a shot at a tag in that unit, but then people would just put in for two different units right next to each other and it wouldn't solve the problem. It would be nice for non-residents to have points for doe antelope/deer and cow elk. Just make them $10 per point or even $20! I would pay that to guarantee drawing a doe antelope tag when I am planning on using my points for a buck tag.

In the past, when an individual applied for rp licenses, you picked 1 or 2 from the drop down box, and that single application was for 1 or 2 licenses. If you chose 2 licenses you drew 0 or 2, 1 was never an option.

This year, they have removed that drop down box and instead have broken out the options and listed each separately. So you can now apply for a single hunt area with both A and B options or, choose hunt area x 1st choice A and hunt area y 1st choice B. I have not asked if you choose 2 licenses, each with a different 1st choice, if they are still a single application or if the system will create two. I suspect they are still a single application with two different 1st choices, keeping the ability to draw two licenses in the draw.

If you choose the same hunt area for each, A and B, you are shown to have a single application and have chosen 2 licenses. If you go back to modify that application, you can not split that application into two singles and then choose different 1st choices for A and B.

I apologize if I stated things incorrectly as I didn't realize it was previously all one unit for both tags then how it is now. I think the current system may have been in place for a few years as it looks the same to me, but I could be wrong.

I just did this for multiple people and when you put down both the same tags your receipt shows one purchase for $98 and Quantity 2, but when you put down two separate areas as 1st choice it shows both of those separately for $49 with Quantity 1.

If in fact, the two separate tags are drawn as one, how would it work if there is Quantity available in one unit but not the other? I applied for one tag that was hard to draw and one that was easier to draw...Would you not get any tags or would they oversubscribe a unit? I am thinking (and will try the G&F) that these must be separate applications. It is possible that if you choose 2 tags in the same unit that they are now separate as well?

>I apologize if I stated things
>incorrectly as I didn't realize
>it was previously all one
>unit for both tags then
>how it is now. I
>think the current system may
>have been in place for
>a few years as it
>looks the same to me,
>but I could be wrong.
>
>
>I just did this for multiple
>people and when you put
>down both the same tags
>your receipt shows one purchase
>for $98 and Quantity 2,
>but when you put down
>two separate areas as 1st
>choice it shows both of
>those separately for $49 with
>Quantity 1.
>
>If in fact, the two separate
>tags are drawn as one,
>how would it work if
>there is Quantity available in
>one unit but not the
>other? I applied for
>one tag that was hard
>to draw and one that
>was easier to draw...Would you
>not get any tags or
>would they oversubscribe a unit?
> I am thinking (and
>will try the G&F) that
>these must be separate applications.
> It is possible that
>if you choose 2 tags
>in the same unit that
>they are now separate as
>well?

The way the apps are set up you will have to apply for 2 tags in separate drawings, no way to put in 2 tags on one app, well one box to check for the drawing.
Yes in the past you could check the box and apply for 2 tags on one application.

If your choices were different for the two licenses you applied for, then that's definitely two separate applications. You can draw one, and not the other.

And I believe it's still just as I said, you can choose to apply for the same area, or areas, with either one application, or two.

This year I applied for one type 6 deer license. If I went in and applied for one more, for the same area, I'm pretty sure that would be a different application than the first. So it would be possible to draw one and not the other.

LAST EDITED ON May-30-19 AT 08:47AM (MST)[p]I don't think you can choose if you want two together or not, I don't see any box to check for that. I think either they are together or separate.

When I put two of the exact same applications in at one time it shows up on my receipt as:

Nonresident Doe Fawn Antelope Quantity:2 / 1st Choice / 2nd / 3rd / Individual / Price $98

Since the price is $98, I could see this going either way...either I am successful for both tags or it is possible that they are separate and I could draw only 1. I want them to be separate as this area is only 30% draw and I don't exactly need two doe tags, I just want 1! I will call and let you know what I figure out.

>
>The way the apps are set
>up you will have to
>apply for 2 tags in
>separate drawings, no way to
>put in 2 tags on
>one app, well one box
>to check for the drawing.
>
>Yes in the past you could
>check the box and apply
>for 2 tags on one
>application.

I was able to select a quantity of 2 under one application

After thinking about it more, and reading Wapiti Bob's post about how the application process is different this year, maybe everything I thought I knew is now wrong! It sounds like it may no longer be possible to apply for two reduced price licenses on one application. Which is what I THOUGHT I did this year. So if the applications are separate, that means I could draw my first choice area with one application and my second choice area with the other application. Not really what I wanted. I was hoping to draw two licenses for the same area. My second choice is a license that should be 100% draw. My first choice area was around 25%. The two areas are about 2 1/2 hours apart. It's fine if we draw two different areas but I might have applied differently if I had known there was a change this year.

I called this morning and talked with a nice lady who explained it to me.

I applied for 2 RP Antelope tags for the same unit. I only entered one unit and one type one time. It was NOT two separate applications. The lady explained that in my scenario I could be awarded TWO RP tags depending on "how the numbers fall" even though there may be more applicants than tags and even though someone might not get one tag.

LAST EDITED ON May-30-19 AT 10:01AM (MST)[p]Yes. In my situation I could be awarded 0, 1, or 2 tags according to the lady I spoke with.

I just talked to a person and they said the same thing, they are all separate, so you could get 0, 1 or 2 and they could be in different areas if you have those as 2nd choice.

Thx all.

I assumed that's how it was when i applied this year.
I applied for 2 Antelope Doe tag?s in different units neither in the unit I applied for the Buck tag.
My intention is after I get my Buck if I draw the Doe tags I will use them as a opportunity to scout the other units.

LAST EDITED ON May-31-19 AT 10:41AM (MST)[p]

Per the person running the draw dept:

If you initially apply for two licenses, with the same 1st and 2nd choice, same "type", and in the same hunt area, you will have a single application, single random number, and a single transaction. You can only draw 0 or two. You will see they are a single application, with 2 licenses, if you go back and try to edit; you will not be given the choice to change only one license.

If there is any difference in hunt area choices or types (6/7), the system will create two separate records, with two separate random numbers, and you could draw 0, 1, or 2.

You can also create two separate applications by applying for a single, paying, then coming back at a later time and applying for another single.

So, if you want to make sure you get both licenses or none, you need to select the the same hunt areas (1st and 2nd choice) and types for both licenses, in the same application session.

LAST EDITED ON May-31-19 AT 01:35PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-31-19 AT 01:29?PM (MST)

WapitiBob,

Are you 100% positive that they are linked together when you apply with the same units and types at the same time? 2 people on this board called Wy G&F and were told the exact opposite? I was told they were separate and I could draw 0, 1 or 2 even though the receipt says Qty 2.

If they are in fact the same, is there anything I can do now? Can I cancel, pay a fee, then go back on and put in a new application?

It doesn't say what happens here if I remove the application, just that I have to pay the $15 fee. Can I add a new application or am I really screwed?

http://wgfd.wyo.gov/Hunting/Application-Process

Thanks!

When I have a draw question I talk to the gal that runs the draw dept, nobody else. I'm confident in the info she gives me but you should talk to her yourself.
I'm not understanding why you would want separate apps for the same area and type licenses; Wyoming will fill both even if there is only 1 license left when they get to your random number.
To answer your question you can withdraw then create 2 separate apps but that has to be done today and by the cutoff time.

The draw odds for the unit are 35% and I really only want 1 doe tag. My odds go way up of getting one if they are separated.

I didn't trust that I could reapply if I removed my application because it doesn't say you can anywhere on their website and the phone line was busy all afternoon. Live and learn! Thanks for the input, I do think you are correct, but am dumbfounded that it isn't spelled out anywhere.

LAST EDITED ON May-31-19 AT 09:39PM (MST)[p]Both the application and change period end today, I'm not sure of the time. You can withdraw and then reapply if time has not expired. The cost is outlined when you click the ?modify? tab, after going to ?previous submitted apps?.
I withdrew a doe deer app today and after accepting the withdrawal could immediately go back to ?add another app? and reapply.

nripepi-

I've done the same thing a few times. Applied for the same unit on two separate applications, just to improve my chance of drawing ONE tag. I didn't choose to do it that way this year, but last year I did. I think odds were 17%. We did two separate applications, and drew our first choice on one application, but got our second choice on the other application. Which was great, we at least got one license that allowed us to hunt an entire unit which was mostly public land. The other license was more restrictive and we had to stay within 1/2 mile of irrigated land.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom