Region 6 mule deer meeting

Hunting406

"Listening session regarding mule deer management being held in Glasgow March 15"

GLASGOW –Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks is holding a public listening session regarding mule deer management in Region 6 in northeast Montana. The listening session is from 6-8 p.m. at the Cottonwood Inn in Glasgow on Wednesday, March 15. Hunters, landowners, and other wildlife enthusiasts are encouraged to attend.

Region 6 wildlife staff will provide a background on mule deer management, the current status of mule deer populations in the region, trends in hunters and harvest, and an update on CWD. Following the presentation, the floor will be open for dialogue between public participants and FWP staff.

The intent of this session is for FWP to have a chance to hear various concerns, questions, and perspectives from the interested public. There will be no decisions made during this listening session.

FWP ensures that its meetings are fully accessible to persons with disabilities. To request special accommodations for this meeting, or for any questions, please contact the FWP Region 6 Headquarters in Glasgow at 406-228-3700

Attend if you can hopefully we can make some changes for the better. I’m most certain the fwp will be receiving an earful from everyone in attendance!

Thank you. I am about as far West from there as you can get. mtmuley
I am going to send you want a guy wrote on one of the other hunting forums

02609261-759D-4FFA-B7C3-425F19EDC7C5.png

C5EDD28E-BB3B-4472-8781-B75B031BF7E8.png

38C7BA48-69F4-4D52-90BC-A2A59B8A5B66.png

7EC42BF6-3FEF-42CA-9E34-C09DD6213245.png

C76FCF9A-5057-46C2-A34A-44251CCB3674.png

Is anyone aware of any groups trying to take action with legislature to cap or limit tags. (Not that it really matters but I am a resident) I truly feel that the severe decline in recent years needs to be addressed, if we wait to long I'm not sure the herds would recover.
I want to get involved, I just don't know where to start.

Is anyone aware of any groups trying to take action with legislature to cap or limit tags. (Not that it really matters but I am a resident) I truly feel that the severe decline in recent years needs to be addressed, if we wait to long I'm not sure the herds would recover.
I want to get involved, I just don't know where to start.
Right there with ya! Seems like all the meetings are the same… fwp does they thing and everyone gives opinions and what they are seeing first hand and then fwp does the exact opposite! If you find someone willing to take it on I’m sure there will be plenty of people to help back it!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom