Region A Whitetail trespass Hunt?

RidgeRebel

Anyone know of landowner in Region A that allows whitetail hunting for a reasonable (under $500) trespass fee? Talked about it for years and finally decided to make the trip. I drew a general tag for the region and really want to go after whitetail for the first time. Might just go public as well, but would be willing to pay a little for some decent access. Let me know what your thoughts or experiences are if your willing. Thanks fellas.

Bob

Anyone know of landowner in Region A that allows whitetail hunting for a reasonable (under $500) trespass fee? Talked about it for years and finally decided to make the trip. I drew a general tag for the region and really want to go after whitetail for the first time. Might just go public as well, but would be willing to pay a little for some decent access. Let me know what your thoughts or experiences are if your willing. Thanks fellas.

Bob
Not sure how updated it is but you can try the Game and Fish list. https://wgfd.wyo.gov/public-access/hunter-landowner-assistance/Casper-Region#information

It’s hard to find places that don’t have long standing trespass agreements with people. And if you do, $500 isn’t going to get you on the the other side of the fence, unfortunately.

Looks like I will be hunting public land. I have a couple questions for you guys if you don't mind. Been looking at the Black hills area in Unit 4. I have never hunted whitetails, so I am not real sure what to look for. I know they like river bottom, but most are on private property. Does there need to be reliable water in the creek bottom? Also will there be deer in the thicker areas or only near crop land or open county? Also, can you access the forest land from Sundance or do you have to come in through South Dakota? The roads from Wyoming all cross private, so I am concerned the public land may be landlocked other than the East side. Thanks for any guidance fellas.

Hunt the NF. Don’t worry about finding River bottoms. The forest holds good numbers of whitetail. Some years are better than others. Some years I could see a dozen bucks in a day. Some years were slim pickings. First year I hunted it I literally drove one afternoon into the NF, parked at a turnout and had a buck down 10 minutes later.

You can access it from Wyoming. Are ya camping out or staying at motel, either way you could get to various areas in matter of minutes if you decided to check out other places as well. As mentioned by mulecreek don’t worry about having to find river bottom.

My brother actually got really sick the night before we were supposed to leave, so we ate the tags and a deposit on a lodge wee going to stay in. I really want to give it an other try, but it has not worked out so far. Sorry, wish I could give a report.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom