region "D" deer

• Thread starter washingtonmuley
  • Start date
W

washingtonmuley

I'm putting in for unit 47 for antelope this year and wondering if it would be worth applying for a region "D" deer tag as well. I hunted the norhtern part of 47 last year and only saw a few deer. I was thinking about trying the southern section this year.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I have hunted region D many times for deer and area 47 for antelope as well. There is some beautiful deer country South of Encampment and also some good public land just east of Saratoga. The season down there starts and ends earlier than I like so I generally hunt north of Hanna in the Shirleys and the Bennets. You see a fair amount of deer but good bucks are hard to come by. This is a picture of a 28" buck I took a couple of years ago from the Shirley drainage and a area 47 antelope. I'm in for region D this year but put in for area 48 for antelope to try something different. There is some good antelope hunting in the south end of 47 and you can hunt deer within a few miles of where you hunt antelope.

49b2e1f95afc0d56.jpg

49b2e2315b8b88dd.jpg

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom