Region General W tag...

L

Longrodder

This will be our 10th trip out there (brother and myself) and first in this area. Looking at areas 82 and 100 but am open to any suggestions for entire region. Don't need specifics by no means but what can we expect? Crowded? Is the hunting generally good there? We will be camping and don't mind doing some hiking to get away from crowds. Thanks in advance and look forward to yet another great Wyoming hunting adventure with my BEST friend!!!!! Steve

I'll be hunting the same area myself this year. I Haven't hunted it in a long time so I can't say how much pressure there will be. Firewood could be a problem as its mostly desert. I haven't hunted it since it turned to W. I'm curious to see who resonds since you only have two posts on this site.
Mike

Hunted their the last 3 years. Will take this year off so the herd can rebound from the 07 winter. Saw some nice bucks taken last year but not many. Me personally would not hunt till the last 5-6 days. Lots of presure and people opening weekend. Also I would recommend hunting the sand hills. Ive never hunted that area but see alot of nice bucks taken from that area when they drop their bucks off in Baggs to get butchered. Some of these guys are old timers that probably know where to go instead of getting out and hoffing it. Did hunt one day in 100 and saw 2 does but like the biologist told me its mile per buck and not bucks per mile. But if you see one its a good one. Another good spot is Battle mountain. Be prepared to hike and deal with people. Have 3 buddys who will be hunting their and camping near Dad. Have 3 other buddies who will be camping near Savery. My kid will be in Region D buying one of the leftover tags staying in Saratoga with his buddy. Good luck to you guys.

Thanks Pucci...I have been told that Battle Mnt is good but it can get corwded. We will be camping and will get out there 1 1/2 days before season starts so we will do plenty of glassing and driving. We also take a little tent with us in case the first half day of scouting doesn't reveal anything promisinig...we can spend the night but don't have to make camp at a spot we don't like. As always...it will be a blast even if we don't fire a shot!!!!!

If you guys are going to be their early and scout then by all means Battle Mt. would be your best bet. Thats where I would be opening day. The hunters will keep the deer moving, especially opening morning. Good luck and let me know how you end up.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom