Region H Info

brownie

DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT REGION H? It was my second choice for deer as a non resident, I had one bonus point this year, and was thinking I might get lucky and draw with one point. We hunted G two years ago, is the country and the deer populations about the same? Just sorry I have to wait till July to find out if we drew, Thanks, Brownie.

There are some good bucks up there....lots of 20-22 inchers and a couple better scattered around. It's a lot like G, just a few more people stirring about. Neat high country.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

I haven't hunted H but whether you draw or not will depend on how you applied.

If you applied second choice in the regular price drawing you won't draw, last year there were more first choice applicants than there were tags. The first choice applicants with 0 points will be in front of you if you applied second choice.

If you applied second choice in the special price drawing you will have a good chance of drawing. Last year there were more licenses than there were first choice applicants so the leftovers will go to the second choice applicants.

With one point if you applied either draw as first choice you should draw. H isn't a high demand unit.

Thanks for the info guys, WV, if your right we probably wont draw, we had G first choice, and H second on the regular licence.
Thanks
Brownie

"H" IS WHAT THE GARDEN OF EDEN MUST HAVE LOOKED LIKE. No better high country anywhere, although "G" might have a little better quality. But the beauty of "H" is you can draw it almost every year.Get in shape, get an attitude, and get off the popular trails.If you want to be alone wait till the 2nd week.HEAVEN ON EARTH!! BH1

From the little I know about region H, Buckhunter1 hit the nail on the head! Get away from the trails and try to avoid the opener and weekends. I put H as second choice, but should draw G as my first since I have two points.

I'm gonna be honest here and tell you H is a very hard hunt for a wallhanger.....if you like to see a lot of people and very few animals then go for it. Also, you have the issue of Wilderness on your hands in H. I think I would almost rather hunt the northern General Utah hunt!

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

H is tough yes but you'd rather hunt the Northern Utah General as opposed to hunting H? WOW!! I'd rather just be in H and not see a deer as opposed to hunting Northern Utah Gen.. To each his own.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom