Registered 357 Magnum

dirtygrass

I have a 357 registered magnum, box, two copies of registration papers and the mail tube with a stamp and stamped 1937. Its all in mint condition. I have been looking for a long time trying to find out what its worth and can't find good information. All the blue book price the gun, box and papers separately but not a price if you have a complete set. There is a guy that has been collecting S&W for 30 years at the gun shows, he told me he has never seen a complete set and had not idea what its worth. Anyone maybe have an idea where I could get some documentation, this is for insurance purposes.

Check and see if there is forum for S&W pistols. If there is, pose your question there as there is a good chance you will find some of the members may be collectors of early vintage S&W pistols. They could give you some needed information. It may help that when you make the inquiry, you post photos of the gun and paperwork.

RELH

If you get a answer, let us know. I would be curious about the worth of that vintage 357 S&W. I'm trying to remember if that gun & caliber came out in 1935 or 1937. Either way you have a very early model and in that condition should be worth a great deal of money.

RELH

Will do! They came out in 1935, I had a collector offer me a substantial amount of money for the set but I will never sell.

Kind of a long story, but yes it has a ton of sentimental value. Boy, I open a can on the S&W forum. They called it the Holy Grail. I have a ton of work to do when I get home.

62img_0207.jpg

260img_0188.jpg

7969img_0202.jpg

9847img_0208.jpg

The guys on the S&W forum are great!

I have only seen and handled of those early 357 mags and that was over 20 years ago. The workmanship on them was superb. In fact that was the gun that started S&W on the road to replacing Colt revolvers as the #1 law enforcement handgun preferred by most cops until the early 80's.

RELH

The final assessment on my pistol is $15,000 to $25000, a lot of debate but one guy said he saw one sell at an auction $21,000 that was not in the condition of mine.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom