Regulation Questions

sb2017

Hoping to make contact with someone who's more familiar with Alaska hunting regulations than myself. I have been reading over the regulations online but am having trouble answering a few specific questions.

1- To buy a moose locking tag, do I need to purchase an all game hunting license as well?

2- The unit I'm planning to hunt does not require locking tags for wolves, and in the unit specific information, it says the bag limit is 10. Does this mean I could theoretically shoot 10 wolves on my hunt, even without a locking tag? Not that I plan on doing that.... just trying to get a better understanding of the law. I would love to have the option to harvest a wolf if I come across one.

Hopefully someone else will chime to confirm but on the moose, assuming you are a non resident, you need a hunting license $160, a locking tag $800 and a Harvest Ticket which is free. I am guessing you didn't draw a tag and you are hunting a unit with the HT designation. Not sure if you have an interest in any other species but you could also print out a harvest ticket for a black bear (for example) in case you decided to use your moose license on it.

On the wolves....I believe the 10 might be "per day". And yes....you could shoot 10/day without a locking tag. You will have to get the hides "sealed" though.

Would love for someone to chime in anything I said was incorrect as I'm in the same boat as sb2017 and would not want to get into trouble by mistake.

Thank you! That's what I was assuming about the license/locking tag but wanted to double check.

Yes, we are planning a hunt for a general season area.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom