Reissue list bull crap

fuzzyvelvet

So has anyone else had this experience? I was on the site right at 11am this morning and was going after 1 of 4 of the same tag. I couldn't even get it added to my cart let alone try to get to checkout and purchase it. How can this be? There is no way someone had all 4 of those tags added to their cart and already checked out before I could even add it to my cart. What gives? Seems like it isn't even possible to get a tag on the reissue list.

There are lots of people trying for those tags as well as their hired guns. Many of them have very fast internet speeds.

The system does work. I got my buddy a great elk tag today. It didn't hit the list until 11:03 though.

Hope you have better luck next week.

Once someone gets it in their cart, it holds it just for them unless they don’t check out within so many minutes. So if it’s is someone else’s cart it won’t let you grab it. That is a change from previous years.

Once someone gets it in their cart, it holds it just for them unless they don’t check out within so many minutes. So if it’s is someone else’s cart it won’t let you grab it. That is a change from previous years.
Well that’s good to know. How long before the system puts it back if they don’t check out?

From the first “leftover sale”

After purchasing begins at 9 a.m., when you enter a hunt code and confirm it, that hunt code is “held” for you in the cart for 15 minutes or until you process the transaction, whichever comes first.

This was from the first leftover sale. I assume the 15 min still applies.

Finally got a Buck tag 2nd rifle unit 444 wasn't my first choice but I have been trying to get a buck tag since the second draw. If anyone would like to share any information about unit 444 I would appreciated. Thanks Alex

Yeah kind of crap for two reasons, one the list on Tuesday was super small so they obviously held back tags for some reason and two I called and they are honoring the sales that got through before they disabled purchases.
So one more chance to get something now gone. Do you know how long they allowed them to go through? Were there some good/great tags?

I don't know how long it was open. When I called the Denver office the girl thought it was open for fifteen to twenty minutes. Someone on rokslide thought they had a screenshot of the tags but I haven't seen it yet.

I don't know how long it was open. When I called the Denver office the girl thought it was open for fifteen to twenty minutes. Someone on rokslide thought they had a screenshot of the tags but I haven't seen it yet.
I have a screenshot of the antelope tags, there was a 2/201 rifle tag I went for for a buddy but they shut down purchases already. Multiple Gunnison deer tags as well as some other misc. decent stuff.

Not sure how the laws regarding public information works but if you asked CPW for the hunt codes inadvertently posted and which ones were sold during this incident would they be required to tell you?

Not sure how the laws regarding public information works but if you asked CPW for the hunt codes inadvertently posted and which ones were sold during this incident would they be required to tell you?

I suspect FOIA says yes.

For a Colorado state agency it's a CORA (Colorado Open Records Act) request. They are simple to draft, just like a FOIA for federal agencies. I've done both. I'm not going to do one for this, but if anyone wishes to do so, it's a simple process.

*Edited to say that the state agency can charge you for the time it takes to produce responsive records, so it might cost you a bit.

Here are some. I watched it live. It was like 20 minutes. They kept hitting the list.

Screenshot_20210929-213922.png

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom