Reissued Tags on the leftover list

WoodsD9

Has anyone seen any new tags come up recently on the leftover list? For the first few days I saw a bunch come and go but over the past few days I haven't seen anything new.

They are currently switching to a new computer system administrator to alleviate the issues that keep happening on the site. I'm hearing this could take up to a month to transition to the new admin and even longer to see any tags on the list. Wish they would figure it out I need a deer tag!

Where did you hear that information? It would be nice if they would issue a press release so we all could stop watching the list...

When I called today the guy tried telling me the tag reissue has just slowed down but i find that hard to believe. He told me there had been a tag added to the list 10 min before i called but when i asked what tag he could tell me.

So with them being down for up to a month they could lose out on extra revenue from Muzzy and Archery reissues! Good thing is some CO locals/Residents could get some sweet tags at the very last minute with only a few days left in the season.

That guys most likely a liar. I watched every update this morning. No new codes have been added. And I don't think any new codes have been added for a week. Maybe an additional tag and available in a hunt code that was already on there but I highly doubt it. There was never a week like this last year where there wasn?t a single new hunt code added to the list. At least doe and cow tags.
I called earlier this morning to ask them if here was a problem with the return list and the guy said no they just come up randomly. I told him I haven't seen any for a week. And I've been watching very closely. He rrasssured me there was no problem. Big clearly there is something going on.
You know tags are coming in constantly being returned. They just aren't coming up on the list.

I just called and was on hold for 10 minutes before I gave up. Did you know that it's only 8 seconds between the ending and beginning of the next recording of, "I'm sorry but all our call center staff are busy stay on the line and ....."

I mean holy cow, play some music or put the news on. It's almost a form of torture being on for more than 5 minutes. LOL

>That guys most likely a liar.
>I watched every update this
>morning. No new codes have
>been added. And I don't
>think any new codes have
>been added for a week.
>Maybe an additional tag and
>available in a hunt code
>that was already on there
>but I highly doubt it.
>There was never a week
>like this last year where
>there wasn?t a single new
>hunt code added to the
>list. At least doe and
>cow tags.
>I called earlier this morning to
>ask them if here was
>a problem with the return
>list and the guy said
>no they just come up
>randomly. I told him
>I haven't seen any for
>a week. And I've been
>watching very closely. He
>rrasssured me there was no
>problem. Big clearly there is
>something going on.
>You know tags are coming in
>constantly being returned. They just
>aren't coming up on the
>list.

I called this afternoon after getting pretty frustrated without seeing a single tag added for several days, my comments to the guy on phone were almost identical to yours and got the same exact response.

If there is a problem with the list that stinks. But I can accept it. But they shouldn't be telling people everything is fine... it just slowed down...we just added a tag ten minutes ago. That's BS. just say there's a problem so we quit wasting our time.
And if I don't get a tag off the list in time, oh well. Too bad for me. But I don't want to constantly check a list that gives me zero chance of getting a tag.
Is a little honesty too much to ask for?

>If there is a problem with
>the list that stinks. But
>I can accept it. But
>they shouldn't be telling people
>everything is fine... it just
>slowed down...we just added a
>tag ten minutes ago. That's
>BS. just say there's a
>problem so we quit wasting
>our time.
>And if I don't get a
>tag off the list in
>time, oh well. Too bad
>for me. But I don't
>want to constantly check a
>list that gives me zero
>chance of getting a tag.
>
>Is a little honesty too much
>to ask for?

I think also a lot of the returned tags were on the intial list Aug 7th. With ppl not actually having to pay upfront for the tag, they simply didn't pay when they drew. So I think the list was initially bigger but in years past ppl has to actually return the tag and this yr was diff if that makes sense

I think they had a problem starting with the draw! 1st time in many years we did not draw our area and the same for a couple of other party's I know of! I believe the system goofed up and DOW kept it quiet!

I agree, how does some rifle deer tags get on the leftover list August 7th that should have been awarded during the drawing but wasn?t , after researching DOW statistics 2018 draw recap for a specific unit taking 2 pts clearly showed some didn't draw with required points but somehow these tags ended up as leftovers. How are they called leftovers? Clearly we're reissue tags or system goof up and DOW just added them to the leftover list to sell and the guys with enough points got hosed.

>I agree, how does some rifle
>deer tags get on the
>leftover list August 7th that
>should have been awarded during
>the drawing but wasn?t ,
>after researching DOW statistics 2018
>draw recap for a specific
>unit taking 2 pts clearly
>showed some didn't draw with
>required points but somehow these
>tags ended up as leftovers.
>How are they called leftovers?
>Clearly we're reissue tags or
>system goof up and DOW
>just added them to the
>leftover list to sell and
>the guys with enough points
>got hosed.

It's a byproduct of the new payment process. People drew tags and weren't able to pay by the deadline. Those tags were put on the leftover list August 7th.

#livelikezac

Remember the good old days when they used to put them on every Tuesday morning at 9, two years ago?

#livelikezac

I agree it is a by product of the new system. People apply for multiple states , then pick which state or states they want to hunt and have time for. May have to just take away points if tag is not purchased and then only allow health issues or deployment as a reason for tag turn in.

The fact is ever since they started reissuing tags- 2 yrs ago I believe, 3 if u include this year it has been an ever changing process. Every yr has been different. I will say this yr was the hardest to get a tag off the list. Seems to be way more interest. I look for more changes next year based off how the intial draw happened and problems that happened ,as well as, the huge increase in applications. Not to even count the debacable of leftover day.

>Lone they do take your points
>for unpaid tags it is
>right in the proclamation

Thank you!! My mind is not what it used to be!!

I've been speaking with them through Facebook messages. They said they are working on it but no time line. ?Hopefully soon? is what I was told.

Alright, so I'm the guy that owns the Colorado Leftover Watch App and this is obviously front and center on my radar. I didn't want to chime in, but I feel like I kinda had to at this point.

I went down to the Denver office this morning. As you can imagine they are incredibly busy trying to get this back up and running. But, with a little persistence I was able to speak with the guy that is in charge of all this. The vendor that processes licenses is obviously having performance issues, and they told me that the reissued tags will become available again as early as Tuesday next week. When I offered my services to help get this back up and running, he told me that it wasn't anything that I could help with. I like to think that I've built a good enough relationship with him that if there was anything that I could do, he would have let me. But I left under the impression that there wasn't much that he could do about the problem himself other than let the vendor work through the issue.

What might not be understood is that the personnel currently running the licensing portion at the Colorado Parks and Wildlife inherited this contract from their predecessors and have little control over the performance of the vendor. I don't want to put words into their mouths, and I certainly do not speak for them, but the feeling I get is that they are just as frustrated as we are with this. Regardless of what might get said online, the folks down at the CPW take an incredible amount of pride in their chosen careers as men and women, and this egg on their face stings just as much as it would if it was you or I.

Yeah it sucks, but at least we have a semblance of a timeline to work with, and for that I am appreciative of. My guess is that someone new is going to get that contract with the CPW as soon as this current one expires. Good luck this year guys!

Thanks for the update. On the bright side, since they are not letting anyone know maybe most people will have given up by the time they start making tags available.

First off, Fauntleroy, thanks for taking the time to give us an update.

That info is what was needed to be relayed to the public a week ago but CPW chose not to do that. They wasted a lot of people's time on this keeping us in the dark - most likely due to anticipated backlash after all the other issues this year.

I too have been a supporter of CPW through the years but it sure seems like things are out of control there lately. Is telling the truth, being transparent and letting the stakeholders know what is going on too much to ask? Apparently it is.

If this is the situation it is OUTRAGEOUS they are not putting out a press release and notification on their website, facebook and twitter. Serious TONE DEAFNESS if they know there will be a multi-day lapse and not respect customers enough to TELL THEM to skip checking list till notified otherwise

I messaged them on FB and asked one of their leaders I know and posted on their twitter account to please clarify the situation PUBLICALLY.

>>====Hostess Donettes Pro Staff=====>

Guys they state it is randomly done! And anyone that has watched this in years past knows there was no rhyme or reason as to when tags would get posted. They don't owe us an explanation. I think we have all taken this returned/leftover tag thing too far. They didn't even reissue tags until 2 yrs ago! So anything they put out there is a bonus. I'm just sayin that's all. I've been watching too but they clearly say it's randomly done. PPL now seem to not even bother w the draw because they feel they can pick up a great returned tags! It's crazy! I'm not sayin anything is wrong w that. I'm just saying don't count on it.

>Guys they state it is randomly
>done! And anyone that has
>watched this in years past
>knows there was no rhyme
>or reason as to when
>tags would get posted. They
>don't owe us an explanation.
> I think we have
>all taken this returned/leftover tag
>thing too far. They didn't
>even reissue tags until 2
>yrs ago! So anything they
>put out there is a
>bonus. I'm just sayin that's
>all. I've been watching too
>but they clearly say it's
>randomly done. PPL now
>seem to not even bother
>w the draw because they
>feel they can pick up
>a great returned tags! It's
>crazy! I'm not sayin anything
>is wrong w that. I'm
>just saying don't count on
>it.

Thomas read post 27.

#livelikezac

Did anyone think things would be any different when it became parks and wildlife? This is to be expected and as time goes on it will only get worse.

There's a difference between randomly issuing and not being able to randomly issue because the system is broke. Maybe it should be changed to randomly issued unless our system is broke and then we won't do it and we won't tell you it's broke either.

You could bet if the system wasn't broke there would have been randomly issued archery tags this week prior to opening day.

>Did anyone think things would be
>any different when it became
>parks and wildlife? This
>is to be expected and
>as time goes on it
>will only get worse.

They gave us the leftover opportunity, I thank the CPW for that. This is pretty minor. A hiccup in a bonus system doesn't hurt my feelings.

>>Did anyone think things would be
>>any different when it became
>>parks and wildlife? This
>>is to be expected and
>>as time goes on it
>>will only get worse.
>
>
>They gave us the leftover opportunity,
>I thank the CPW for
>that. This is pretty minor.
>A hiccup in a bonus
>system doesn't hurt my feelings.
>

The occasional bout of hiccups is manageable. Have you seen those people who have hiccups for years on end? That's the leftover program. I dont have the cure and it seems neither does CPW.

#livelikezac

LAST EDITED ON Aug-25-18 AT 08:03PM (MST)[p]I have a high opinion of the CPW dept and the people who work there as well, but the buck stops with them. THEY chose the vendor, THEY had time to run sims and to figure out hiccups, They are responsible for the problems. So, "it is out of our hands, a computer/vendor glitch" doesn't hold much water with me. THEY screwed up. So stop making excuses am get the problems fixed or hire people who know what they are doing to fix the issues.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Re-issuing licenses is a win for hunters, for the Colorado economy and for CPW's revenue. It makes sense to do it and I am glad CPW is doing it but it's obvious the system needs fixed.

I agree with what TX said above about who bears the responsibility. Also as I said before, the fact that they have never made a statement to tell anyone there is an issue just isn't right. A lot of guys spent many hours this past week in hopes of seeing one of their favorite hunts pop up and then hopefully act fast enough to snag it. But all they did was waste their time. It was like they were fishing in the same little pond every day hoping for a bite and then to land a fish but unbeknownst to them someone threw a stick of dynamite in the pond the day before they started fishing and they were no fish to be had.

Ok, I'm done whining about this fiasco and I'll be in a better mood next week when I snag a primo tag.

Remember the good old days when they used to put them on every Tuesday morning at 9, two years ago?

#livelikezac

>>They gave us the leftover opportunity,
>>I thank the CPW for
>>that. This is pretty minor.
>>A hiccup in a bonus
>>system doesn't hurt my feelings.
>>
>
>The occasional bout of hiccups is
>manageable. Have you seen those
>people who have hiccups for
>years on end? That's the
>leftover program. I dont have
>the cure and it seems
>neither does CPW.
>
>
>#livelikezac

As I've said before, this is still a great opportunity, they will get it fixed. Do you have a personal vendetta involving the CPW? Were you fired as a result of the merger?

>
>>>They gave us the leftover opportunity,
>>>I thank the CPW for
>>>that. This is pretty minor.
>>>A hiccup in a bonus
>>>system doesn't hurt my feelings.
>>>
>>
>>The occasional bout of hiccups is
>>manageable. Have you seen those
>>people who have hiccups for
>>years on end? That's the
>>leftover program. I dont have
>>the cure and it seems
>>neither does CPW.
>>
>>
>>#livelikezac
>
>As I've said before, this is
>still a great opportunity, they
>will get it fixed. Do
>you have a personal vendetta
>involving the CPW? Were you
>fired as a result of
>the merger?

Lmao! It worked perfect for me this year, but it's obvious this process has issues and has for some time. If you watched the loveland meeting the IPAWS guys as well as the commission said as much.

8376620180807095404.jpg

#livelikezac

I guess I am a bit surprised that people who are investors in a organization will settle for mediocrity.Whether it is a low or high bidder a strong leader will get the best result from both.I personally like to know how much, when and what Sportsman's dollars are being used for.Standards and performance should never be lowered and poor performance should never be accepted.

I had no mediocrity.
My realistic expectatations were met, and exceeded in most respects. No other state does this, so that also exceeds my expectations.

>I had no mediocrity.
>My realistic expectatations were met, and
>exceeded in most respects. No
>other state does this, so
>that also exceeds my expectations.
>

Ignore the fact IPAWS and the wildlife commission said it was a fail.

#livelikezac

They were on the 09:08 update, or possibly the one just before that. I only look at archery tags....but I saw EE076O1A, EE039O1A, DM201O1A, DM021O1A. There were numerous other moderately decent tags.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-28-18 AT 11:08AM (MST)[p]>There are some happy campers out
>there now. That list
>compressed quick!

I am a happy camper with a archery 76 elk tag in hand. Wow. Gonna be a blast.
Ink is still wet on it.

>>====Hostess Donettes Pro Staff=====>

>LAST EDITED ON Aug-28-18
>AT 11:08?AM (MST)

>
>>There are some happy campers out
>>there now. That list
>>compressed quick!
>
>
>
>I am a happy camper with
>a archery 76 elk
>tag in hand. Wow. Gonna
>be a blast.
>Ink is still wet on it.
>
>
>
>>>====Hostess Donettes Pro Staff=====>

Niiicccee!

#livelikezac

>>I had no mediocrity.
>>My realistic expectatations were met, and
>>exceeded in most respects. No
>>other state does this, so
>>that also exceeds my expectations.
>>
>
>Ignore the fact IPAWS and the
>wildlife commission said it was
>a fail.
>
>
>#livelikezac

If they said anything different, they'd keep hearing from people like you about how much they suck. I would do the same to shut you up ;)

All in good fun. Looks like they figured it out.

Anyone get the left-over tag app?? Curious what you think of it and if it helped you to get a tag. Was it worth the cost? Thinking by next year the bugs will be all worked out with CPW and I might try it. Things this year are to uncertain so I will just get an over the counter tag if I can make a trip to Colorado work out.

Thanks
Bill

>Anyone get the left-over tag app??
> Curious what you think
>of it and if it
>helped you to get a
>tag. Was it worth
>the cost? Thinking by next
>year the bugs will be
>all worked out with CPW
>and I might try it.
> Things this year are
>to uncertain so I will
>just get an over the
>counter tag if I can
>make a trip to Colorado
>work out.
>
>Thanks
>Bill

Buddy if mine got it says hes notified 10-15 minutes after its posted, 5-10 minutes too late.

#livelikezac

I can personally tell you that the app works too good. I have been watching the leftover list like a hawk the past 1 1/2 days. I get notifications at almost the exact same time the leftover list updates. If you were to ask me, I'd say the guy who made the app must have some inside info, which is BS. I blame the app for missing out on a unit 21 second season deer tag yesterday. I was logged into the CPW system and when the list updated at 1:45pm, I saw 3 tags were reissued and got a notification from the app. Within 45 seconds to 1 minute, by 1:46pm, all 3 were gone when I went to enter my CC info. I'm fast, but there is no way 3 people were faster than me without having inside info.

>I can personally tell you that
>the app works too good.
> I have been watching
>the leftover list like a
>hawk the past 1 1/2
>days. I get notifications
>at almost the exact same
>time the leftover list updates.
> If you were to
>ask me, I'd say the
>guy who made the app
>must have some inside info,
>which is BS. I
>blame the app for missing
>out on a unit 21
>second season deer tag yesterday.
> I was logged into
>the CPW system and when
>the list updated at 1:45pm,
>I saw 3 tags were
>reissued and got a notification
>from the app. Within
>45 seconds to 1 minute,
>by 1:46pm, all 3 were
>gone when I went to
>enter my CC info.
>I'm fast, but there is
>no way 3 people were
>faster than me without having
>inside info.

This is why I preferred the system 2yrs ago, 9am every Tuesday new tags were posted. This system is ripe for exactly what you eluded to.

#livelikezac

>I can personally tell you that
>the app works too good.
> I have been watching
>the leftover list like a
>hawk the past 1 1/2
>days. I get notifications
>at almost the exact same
>time the leftover list updates.
> If you were to
>ask me, I'd say the
>guy who made the app
>must have some inside info,
>which is BS. I
>blame the app for missing
>out on a unit 21
>second season deer tag yesterday.
> I was logged into
>the CPW system and when
>the list updated at 1:45pm,
>I saw 3 tags were
>reissued and got a notification
>from the app. Within
>45 seconds to 1 minute,
>by 1:46pm, all 3 were
>gone when I went to
>enter my CC info.
>I'm fast, but there is
>no way 3 people were
>faster than me without having
>inside info.

You got a 61 bear tag off the list...thought it was rigged?

Yes, I got a 61 bear tag, but that season starts next week and there has been a huge fire with a large chuck of the unit off limits. It's also a bear tag. The more coveted rifle deer and elk tags are gone way too fast when there are multiple of those tags listed at once, i.e. unit 21. I still think that something isn't right when the app sends a notification at the exact same time the leftover list is updated.

>Yes, I got a 61 bear
>tag, but that season starts
>next week and there has
>been a huge fire with
>a large chuck of the
>unit off limits. It's
>also a bear tag.
>The more coveted rifle deer
>and elk tags are gone
>way too fast when there
>are multiple of those tags
>listed at once, i.e. unit
>21. I still think
>that something isn't right when
>the app sends a notification
>at the exact same time
>the leftover list is updated.
>
I've gotten a couple notifications. It searches the list every two minutes. The notices I got were like a minute behind the list.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-30-18 AT 05:05PM (MST)[p]What are you seeing that has you thinking it crashed again?

It has definitely slowed down since yesterday afternoon but I've seen a few tags come up today, nothing good but tags have still been added. I suspect we'll start seeing things pick up in the next couple weeks with rifle tags. I think most archery and muzzy tags have already been reissued hence the slow down on tags. Just my opinion though, with the way things have gone this year I could be completely wrong.

I saw a GMU 33 3rd season deer tag pop up this afternoon that I don't think was on there at the start of the day. I don't think it crashed but very slow after a brisk Tue and Wed. Being it is random, there will be slow days and maybe even days with none?

I was watching An talked to 3 others that were also an nobody seen any. But if you guys did great we might have just missed them

Just picked up a cow tag on the reissue list for a unit I want to scout for deer for new year.
Bill

Impulse buy off the reissue list... I earlier this afternoon picked up a 2nd rifle cow tag in a certain heavily hunted unit in SW CO that is just east across the road from a far superior unit which recently suffered a big burn. If you can guess the unit and willing to share a PM to get me in the vicinity of a decent area for a cow but far far away from any bull or buck you would ever want, I'd be appreciative. I have never hunted there and likely never will again, and even if all goes well with my deer hunt occurring several hours to the north, I expect to only have 1 day maybe two to fill a cooler with an elk before hitting the freeway. I am aware I'll be in a pumpkin patch / ATV track and my plan in any event is to head into a deep hole somewhere and hope for the best. Expectation meter is set to LOW. ;) Thanks!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-31-18 AT 09:44PM (MST)[p]Man I wish I had more time off...
Some good tags popped up today!
But they were gone pretty fast too...

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom